Thanks for the link. I had already seen that thread before I made my post. So yoiu think mine is a 1100? From my limited research P & H made several models that were very similiar. I have owned mine over 20 years and have always been curious as to what exact model it was.
Parker-Hale Rifle - Looking for input.
Please help me ID this rifle, it would be greatly appreciated. I can send pictures if necessary
I have a Parker Hale cal .308 rifle.
1. Parker-Hale Ltd. Birmingham England - stamped on the top of the barrel above the sling swivel.
2. Cal .308W stamped in front of the receiver on top of the barrel.
3. Crown (looks like to me) with "BNP" stamped beneath it - stamped near the caliber letters on the barrel in front of the receiver.
4. Crown over "BNP" once more - stamped on the receiver on the left side above serial number.
5. R - 03860 stamped below and to the right of crown over "BNP" on left side of receiver.
No other markings that I can find.
6. Any ideas why P & H didn't include model mumbers?
This is in .243. Model 1200, I purchased in 1970 NEW for $150.00 for the gun and $75.00 for the scope. Great gun, would not take $1000.00 for it. Has killed a lot of game since purchase. I think they are selling for $350.00 to $550.00
Thanks gamehunter I did find that all firearms manufactured in England had to be tested and fired by one of two proof houses. If they passed the test the proof house stamped the crown symbol and BNP for British National Proof. Since you identified mine as a Safari Deluxe I searched and found a pic of a mdl 1200 Safari Deluxe but it didn't have the gold trigger like mine. Any thoughts? Thanks very much
I never realised it had a gold trigger as I never noticed that so i thought it was the safari deluxe as i have seen alot of them around over here and have a very similar design so moose is right it would be the super safari you have there. I recently saw a brand new unfired parker hale in .308 still in original box sell over here for $1000 New Zealand dollars I was totally envious of the new owner when the bids had reached above what I could afford at the time.
Thanks mooseman and game hunter. So it is a Parker and Hale model "1200 Super Safari". I got it (used) as a gift more than 20 yrs ago. I am trying to do some estate planning so I wanted to get the nomenclature right. btw it does a super job on feral hogs Thanks again.