There is a group here calling themselves part of the 9.12 project. They have 9 principles and 12 values as shown in the link. Have any of you guys got representation of this group in your area? They say it's a national thing. If the link doesn't work, you should be able to google 9.12 project with good results. I guess Glenn Beck started it, but the principles and values should ring true with a lot of people. I wonder if it will take off?
The 9/12 project is based on the 9 principles and 12 values.
The 9 principles are:
1. America is good
2. I believe in God and He is the center of my life
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The 12 values are:
9. Hard work
11. Personal Responsibility
We're a part of our local 9:12 Project. We've done Tea Parties locally, at the state capital, and the one in DC. We meet once a week and do studies. Our small group is 10-12 people and there are something like 15 other study groups in the area. Our first study was the book called "5000 Year Leap." It's well worth the price for the book if you've never read it.
Now we are doing a study on the Constitution itself. I would recommend joining your local study group and seeing what it's about.
America BEFORE God??!? What's he gonna think when that get's back to him? If you can't follow the Ten Commandments, how you gonna follow 12 principles? Putting anything before the Lord violates the First Commandment.
sounds like a good group to be with. there are worse things than believing in God but to each their own. You don't have to believe in God to be a good moral person.
And Rambo I do Agree that one can not place country before God.
+1 palladin8, i was just about to say something along those lines...
the thought proccess behind the movement is sound, if you dont believe in god then just omit that one and replace it with moral fiber, you dont have to disregard everything because of one thing... i like the concept, but will not join, keep up the good fight though!
__________________ 12-21-2012: Party like theres no tomorrow!!!