.30 Carbine Ammo?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by WestTex, Mar 8, 2009.

1. WestTex

WestTex G&G Newbie

Has the supply of .30 Carbine ammo dried up completely??:scared1:. I haven't been able to find any at any local outlets or online.
  2. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

The run on ammo has seemed to dry up most of the military or favorite calibers. Once a place advertises it has ammo, they are out that next week. Some places are commiting out right robbery charging almost a dollar a round for the 20 rd boxes. Just keep on looking...It would have been wise to stock up years ago...not to wait as the election came near. It is not going to be easy or cheap if you waited.
  3. Scioneer

Scioneer G&G Newbie

My local Wal-Mart gets about 2 or 3 small boxes a month of I think Remington brand .30 Cal Carbine.
  4. LarryO1970

LarryO1970 G&G Enthusiast

5. mx308250

mx308250 G&G Newbie

Local gunshop called around to other stores and found out they were all out of .380 ammo....they marked their $14.99 boxes up to $39.99 a box and sold it all. Down right ridiculous, I want some ammo just to go out and shoot regular ammo and every place is sold out.
  6. rl69

rl69 G&G Enthusiast

cheaper than dirt has lake city for $47.59 for 120 rds on striper clips in bandoliers
  7. tbird430

tbird430 G&G Regular

Did you just see this in their latest catalog "rl69"?

I've checked their web site & called them. They said it was on backorder "indefinitely". :ugh:
  8. rl69

rl69 G&G Enthusiast

no i just looked at the one on my desk sorry it November issue
  9. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

"...upon the east bank of Big Blue River, a mile o
    Isn't it fascinating? A year ago gas was high and ammo cheap.
  10. tbird430

tbird430 G&G Regular

You can say that again "Joker". =o/
  11. CopperniX

CopperniX 34th Infantry Div.

I went to zero tolerence in wilmar Minnesota, which i have to say is by far my most favorite gun shop and he had some .30 cal ammo that was still in what appeared to be the government issue boxes and the price was 7.50 a box. But let it be known this is the only place I have seen any ammo this cheap.
  12. Retired FF

Retired FF G&G Newbie

M1 Carbine ammo

West Tex, Check out cheaperthan dirt.com I just got a catalog in the mail, they had it listed. I had went to the range Sun, so I spent all day Monday looking for replacement ammo. All the big outlets (Walmart) ect were out of everythingdown to .22, I ended up at the out of they way Mom and Pop stores. They say we should start seeing ammo back in the stores in a month or two ,tops. Good Luck.
  13. WestTex

WestTex G&G Newbie

14. TheJoker

In the case of the M1 carbine, in the last year the CMP has flooded the market with relatively low cost rifles, maybe the munitions industry has not kept with the increased number of rifles. If I were them, I'd be increasing production.
  15. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Not to belittle anyone, but the ammo shortage sort of shows us that the time to stock up and hoard is when the commodity is plentiful. Once the run on ammo...or semi-autos start, prices rise, pickins get few. If things get better down the road; stock up with plenty. A year or two ago I hated paying 20¢ a round for carbine, .223, or 7.62x39,but did so. Now I am glad.
  16. TheJoker

I think as soon as the panic goes away, things will get better. As with the price of gas last year, our panic is partially fueling the inflated prices. I think as soon as the speculation subsides; we'll find gas prices back up and ammo prices back down.

I just wish I'd have put my 401K money into Garands, Carbines and SKS's instead of the stock market 10 years ago!!!
  17. WestTex

WestTex G&G Newbie

I think your right Joker. We are panic driven and rightly so I believe:angryfire:
  18. digger70chall

digger70chall G&G Newbie

wish mine was in gold...I was told to put my graduation money/college money I had saved up into gold back in '98 but thought that was dumb being 18 and all. I looked today and I would've made 600 bucks an ounce, that's a lot of garands :(
  19. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

CMP is the best bet. The kicker is you can order now but delivery won't be till June or so. 500 rds for $155...Aguila 110gr FMJ