7mm Mag ballistics

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JC506, Mar 19, 2008.

1. JC506

JC506 G&G Newbie

I have been looking all over the net for a ballistics table for a 7mm Mag for the range of 1000 yards. Can anyone help me or at least tell me the drop of a 7mm Mag at 1000 yards with a 150 gr round. Thanks For Any Help
  2. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Best I can find is out to 500 yds. Maybe double the 500 yd. info?
    Not sure if it is what you need, just trying to help any way I can.
    7mm Rem. Mag.
  3. mr mom

mr mom G&G Regular

go to huntingnut.com they have a balistic download you can have for free !!!!!! its on the side and says download free... ive used it for awhile now .. kinda neat to play with . it even have a knock down power thing on it ...

i forgot the www. thing on the front......
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. GlockMeister

Mr.Mom, are you talking about the Pointblank download? This here?
    http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3

LMK please, I'd like to download and install if that's it. Looks like it would be a very handy item...?

Also, seems like a very informative and helpful site. Thanks for the link, or name anyhow. lol

Wow, they even have an excellent recipe link. Very tasty. lol Very tasty indeed.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  5. 7 num num

7 num num G&G Newbie

Ballistics Software

Hello
    I am running a free program I found on the internet. Sharp Shooters Friend and it alows you to have any gun and bullet combo you wish. You type it in and it gives you a solution or how many minutes, clicks, inches or mils you need to hold to hit the target out to as many yards as you want. This is all run on a Palm powerd PDA. Let me tell you it works. No it really works enough that with my 22 lr i hit a 600ml Soda bottel at 300 yrds with a 20 km/hr cross wind. With my 7 num num in a Model 700 with a 162gr A-Max traveling at 2900fps with a B.C. of 0.625, will be 242.73 inches low at 1000 yrds.
    This program is awsome, you just need to pick up a PDA with Palm OS version 3.5 or higher and download the program. Then you can shoot.
    A reminder that it will tell you what to do to shoot that distance but you still need to know your rifle and how to shoot it with all the right fundamentals of shooitng. Im not saying that you don't but some that read this might not. We don't need some one thinking they can shoot a MILE and shoot something they shouldnt.
    Also you need to know the exact speed and B.C. of your bullet and all the other mesuraments it asked you for or it will not work properly.
  6. GlockMeister

Might you have the link to it? I did a search and am finding nothing. Tried both Yahoo and Googles search engines and notta.
  7. 7 num num

7 num num G&G Newbie

Where to Find It

:burnout:Go to Free Palm ware.com and look for or search pssf0995bfixed.zip It is pocket sharp shooters friend. If that doesnt work it is under their calculators and miscellaneos. The you just load it on your Palm through you Palms intall software.
  8. GlockMeister

Is it good for any caliber? For use with only rifle calibers right?

FYI, it's freepalmware.com. I found it and downloaded it to my PCs desktop. Now all I have to do is talk the wife into letting me install it on HER palm. lol
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  9. 7 num num

7 num num G&G Newbie

The program works off JMB ballistic calculator. All it relys on is speed, weight, ballistic coefiecent and conditions to give you a solution. I should work with anything that will fly.
  10. Taurus Fan

Taurus Fan G&G Newbie

Noooooooooo, simply doubling the 500 yard data doesn't work at all. Think about it.

Edit: Here's what you might do: Look at the 500 yard data, and take the velocity at 500 yards, then use that for a second set of data with the new muzzle velocity, 0 to 500 yard drop. (If the first 500 yard velocity isn't too low, may not even be covered). Then add the 1st 500 yard drop to the second 500 yard drop. Unless there's a flaw in my reasoning, that should be right.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  11. GlockMeister

Taurus fan, that's why I also put that I wasn't sure if it was what they needed and that I was just trying to help anyway I could. lol
  12. daniel900

daniel900 G&G Newbie

You need to download a program called shoot it's free and will give you the info you need. As far as the 7mm goes I would look at the Hornady 162 gr. A-MAX ballistics coefficient is 0.625 and sectional density is 0.287 should make you a fine 1000 yard bullet. You can load this round to over 3000 fps.