ACCURATE DPMS LR-308 24' fluted bull barrel

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Texas Republic, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Texas Republic

Texas Republic G&G Newbie

Less than 150 rounds have been fired through the rifle and is practically brand new. This rifle's performance is impressive. It will group shots within 1.5 inches at 500 yards using Sierra Match-king BTHP 168gr. Serious inquires email me at texas693@gmail.com

Along with this rifle's 24” fluted bull barrel, you also receive an upgraded value of ($980) in increased "ACCURACY" that enables it to out perform many other LR-308s at longer distances. These additional upgrades are listed below. No useless accessories that don't improve shooting performance.

Because the upgrades alone add up to $980, I am asking $2,600 for the total package. The upgrades are listed below

WITH ONLY THE DURACOAT ON THE RIFLE
    [​IMG]

WITH THE REMOVABLE MISSION SPECIFIC PAINT APPLIED
    [​IMG]

SIDE VIEW OF RIFLE
    [​IMG]

BOLT OF THE LR-308
    [​IMG]

Groups at 500 yards. The ones at 4 o'clock were before sight adjustments at 475
    [​IMG]

Burris Fullfield II™ Ballistic Plex Riflescope 4.5X-14X-42mm ($400 value)---
    The ballistic plex enables the shooter to easily compensate for bullet drop and aim dead-on at targets from 100 to 700 yards out. With this upgrade, the need for hold-over guesstimation is eliminated and long range targets are no longer too far to acquire.(customized 168gr BTHP ballistic plex card included)

[​IMG]

Long Range Precision Jard Trigger professionally installed ($200 value)---
    This light weight single stage trigger is the centerpiece of the rifle and enables the shooter to have consistency in long range shooting.

Quick release Bi-pod ($40 value)---
    This bipod is very adaptable for shooting in the field and can quickly be adjusted to different heights. It even allows the shooter to scan left to right while scoping the target. I researched many bipods and believe this is the best.

Panther Hand Grip ($40 value)---
    This upgrade is suprisingly useful for steady shots at long distances. The shelf type platform allows the hand to rest comfortably while applying downward pressure and relaxes the trigger finger for increased accuracy.

Professional Duracoat finish ($300 value)---
    DuraCoat was created specifically for firearms. Duracoat creates a protective finish on your weapon that prevents damage from impact, scratching, water and chemical corrosion. It will outlast the life of the owner and preserve the weapon's appearance and integrity.(The black tiger stripes is a mission-specific paint that is easily removable and can be re-applied in any pattern of camouflage or simply left off for a solid "sniper green" colored rifle.)

This LR-308 comes with all of the upgrades, two mags, cleaning kit, and a can of matte-black mission specific spray-paint. The whole deal.
    Price: $2,600

With a 24” fluted bull barrel, 1 in 10 twist, free floating hand-guard and a high ride receiver for easier mounting of optics, the LR-308 has gone toe to toe with bolt action rifles and delivered competing accuracy, with higher magazine capacity and rate of fire. With the numerous upgrades and ballistic plex scope installed on this rifle, this LR-308 can easily hit your target at 600 yards and beyond.

[​IMG]

Barrel:
    # 24" Length
    # 416 Stainless steel fluted bull barrel
    # 6 grooves, right-hand 1x10 twist, button rifled

[​IMG]

Optics:
    Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope 4.5X-14X-42mm (Customized ballistic Plex chart included)

Chamber:
    # .308 Winchester

Method of Operation:
    # Gas operated rotating bolt

Bolt & Carrier:
    # 8620 steel bolt carrier, heat treated and plated per Mil Spec
    # Phosphated steel bolt, heat treated and plated per Mil Spec

Weight:
    # Empty - 11.20 lbs.

Length:
    # 43.5"

[​IMG]

Upper Receiver:
    # Thick walled, extruded from 6066-T6 aluminum
    # Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec with Custom sniper green Duracoat coating
    # Snag free design, smooth side look
    # Right hand ejection
    # Raised Picatinny rail for easy scope mounting

Lower Receiver:
    # Milled from a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum
    # Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec with Custom sniper green Duracoat protection
    # integral trigger guard
    # Long Range Precision trigger job upgrade installed
    # Aluminum magazine release button
    # Two magazines included
    # Panther Hand Grip for increased firing stability
    # Quick Release Adjustable Bi-pod included

Stock:
    # Standard A2 Zytel Mil Spec w/ sniper green Duracoat and trap door assembly

Handguards:
    # free floating hand-guard
  2. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Enthusiast

WOW! This is a superb piece of hardware! Wish I'd hit the lottery.
  3. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Enthusiast

Wow, that's an amazing rifle!
  4. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Looks really nice, but too spendy for me !!
  5. Stew Man Fu

Stew Man Fu G&G Newbie

The Dr. Pepper can is more in my price range than your rifle but she's a beauty just the same.
  6. Texas Republic

Thanks guys. Without the upgrades, the base price would sit at about $1600. Its a decent price when you look at others without upgrades.
  7. lowprofile2

lowprofile2 G&G Newbie

bump...nice HPR..
  8. Texas Republic

9. cremley

cremley G&G Newbie

Colorado, with all the pot smoking libtards -_-
    Damn I wish I had the money! I hope you can find a buyer for it. Have you tried selling it on snipershide.com? It is a rifle that those guys would probably be more interested in and have the money for. I am not a member there but it seems that your type of firearm gets sold there all the time. I saw some guy selling a Chey Tech with three barrels in .408, .338 Lapua, and .50BMG, for about $11,000 and someone bought it. You might have better luck over there. Just keep it listed here too, you might get lucky.