Affordable 1911 22 rimfire pistols

Discussion in 'Rimfire Pistol' started by ArkansasHunter, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

A company named MKS Supply has introduced a 1911 -22 at a rretail price of $299.00.

A New .22 Rimfire 1911 Semi-Auto for $299! [​IMG]

1911-22 with black finish
    MKS Supply, Inc., Dayton, OH,
    Yes you read right, a full .22 caliber 1911 .45ACP clone for under $300!

For a price under most .22 conversion units MKS Supply, Inc., is making available a fantastic buy for gun owners across the country. “We feel this affordable, accurate, reliable pistol will be exceptionally received by those who want a 1911 ACP clone in the popular, affordable and fun .22 LR rimfire round.”

Details: This is a full size clone of the standard 1911 .45 ACP. The weight is less because both the slide and the frame are constructed of aluminum alloy. The lighter slide in particular also allows for reliable functioning it has much less mass for the recoil action of the diminutive .22LR round to function.
    The internal components of the 1911-22 are all steel of course. The steel barrel insert is fixed to the slide to provide better accuracy. The fixed barrel also eliminates some not necessary parts found in the original .45 which was designed for full disassembly due to battlefield conditions.
    The finish on the slide and frame is a flat black oxide finish. MKS Supply is also going to make available olive drab and desert tan models with powder coated slides.
    The magazines are made of formed industrial-grade polymer and have been proven in extensive testing to be incredibly reliable as the polymer forming process ensures they are identical thus eliminating steel assembly and fit variances. And yes, MKS Supply will offer extra magazines at a no-gouge price under $20 MSRP.

SpecificationsStocks (grips): Walnut with laser cut checkering.Sights: Dovetail rear-drift adjustable sight (like original military sights).Barrel length:5-inches.Physical dimensions:Same as the standard 1911.Weight: 32-ounces (a standard military 1911 .45ACP is 40-ounces).Models:Standard black finish, olive drab finish, and desert tan finish.Magazine capacity:10-rounds. One magazine is included. Warranty: Full-year parts and labor.
  2. MLN1963

MLN1963 G&G Newbie

Where do I buy one? I think my kid would love that for Christmas! Of course I would shoot it more than him but that is besides the point!
  3. ArkansasHunter

I saw this 1911 in NRA'a American Rifleman magazine and thats all I know about it....A.H
  4. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Too many differences for it to call itself a 1911. No grip safety, and not seeing the left side; it would appear the safety, slide lock, and magazine button are totally different. I would still prefer a slide that fits on a true M1911 lower.

Attached Files:

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

MKS is the parent company of Hi-Point and Charter Arms. they apparently have a deal with Chiappa Firearms to distribute this pistol.

Chiappa Firearms

i don't care if its not a true copy of a 1911, it will fit the needs and wants of many:banana:
  6. ArkansasHunter

Thanks PAPA G I found this at the link you provided...Yall take a deep breath LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rhino Revolver
    The new Chiappa Rhino has revolutionized the revolver with a patented design that tames the prehistoric caracteristic that most revolvers possess. For starters, the appearance is like no other revolver you have ever seen. Typically a revolver fires from the top most chamber which is aligned with the barrel. The new Chiappa Rhino barrel is aligned with the bottom most chamber which is the key component to Rhino’s tame characteristics. Due to the lower position of the barrel, the Rhino’s appearance is abstract from any other revolver design.
  7. ArkansasHunter

Here's another view of the 1911 22 rimfire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1911-22
    The Chiappa Model 1911-22 is a rimfire replica of the most well-known firearm designed by John Browning. The original M1911 was a single-action, semiautomatic pistol chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge.

It was the standard-issue side arm for the United States armed forces from 1911 to 1985, and is still carried by some U.S. forces. In total, the United States procured around 2.7 million M1911s and M1911A1 pistols during its service life.

The Chiappa Model 1911-22 features similar weight, and handling characteristics of the original 1911, however, we have redesigned the action utilizing a fixed barrel design yielding very high accuracy at an affordable price. (Less money than most 1911 rimfire conversion kits).

The Chiappa 1911-22 is constructed from Chiappalloy* & steel components featuring wooden two piece grips. With both standard and target models available, it is the natural choice for semi-auto plinking, target shooting, and affordable handgun fun.
  8. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

9. PAPA G

i would like to try it out, never read anything about it.
  10. nighthawk80

nighthawk80 G&G Newbie

Wow, That's interesting!!
  11. ArkansasHunter

POP I kinda like this pistol LOL...If it had a normal grip on it.
  12. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

It's probably illegal because it will confuse the gangbanger set. Their trigger finger will get in the way of their side mounted sights.
  13. PAPA G

14. BarryB

BarryB G&G Newbie

I picked one up last week and the next day two friends & I took it to the range to put it to the test. To say the least this gun is impressive. Accuracy is outstanding. All three of us proceeded to take the X rings out of our targets @ 25 yds. It didn't like Remington bulk at all, having several FTFs and some stovepipes. WW white box faired a little better but the gun really shined with CCI Mini Mags.

Trigger pull at first was quite heavy. I forgot to take my trigger pull guage, but I'd guestimate 8 lbs +. There was quite a bit of creep. After about 100 rds the trigger pull, which was rough, began to smooth out & lighten up. I would guess that it will take about 500 rds to break this gun in proper. I paid $279.00 + tax for mine along with two extra mags @ $22.00 each.

A couple more friends have tried it out and since bought one for themselves.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  15. Fatstrat

Fatstrat G&G Regular

Did you file down the front sight prior to going to the range?
    Mine was TERRIBLE 1st time out. Jammed repeatedly and shot about 4" low @25yrds (as predicted by manual).
    But after filing down front sight it shoots better. And the more I shoot it, the better reliability gets. It definantly prefers quality ammo over bulk.
  16. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

The latest sale flyer from my gun shop (The Fin for you Ohio guys) lists the 1911-22 at $259 for this weekend only. Not a bad price for a new item on the market, but right next to it in the flyer is the Browning Buckmark with adjustable sights for $279 -- $269 in the regular monthly flyer. The Ruger Mk III with 5 1/2" barrel is advertised at $239.

Even so, the Chiappa looks inviting just because it's modeled after the 1911. This despite me owning a Ruger 22/45 which gives the same grip angle and somewhat similar controls.
  17. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Awww, but I turned my Buckmark into Frankenbuckmark.

[​IMG]

But why would you do THAT gannie? YOU TELL ME!
    [​IMG]

Now until somebody shows me the 1911 .22 could shoot just as well, I would not be real interested.
  18. Fatstrat

Fatstrat G&G Regular

Just like I'm not interested in a bunch of bragging gas from someone using unfair comparisons between a highly modified pistol and an $250. import.
    Wow, I'm impressed.Are ya happy now?
  19. Archetype_wyo

Archetype_wyo G&G Enthusiast

Maybe because nearly all of these 1911-.22s have some pretty iffy track records. So getting a proven .22 Auto Pistol design is a better investment for plinking and keeping your pistol shooting up to par. Currently the only tried & true 1911-.22 clones/conversions that hold up is the Kimber and frankly I'm not payin over half my 1911's cost for a slide conversion to shoot .22lr but thats just me.
  20. Fatstrat

Fatstrat G&G Regular

Points well taken. At least you had something objective to say. But what's the point of comparing a more expensive pistol, that has had hundreds of dollars of improvements added,to a cheap import intended as a nostalgia curio. No one has ever claimed the Chiappa was a target pistol. The guy is IMO a gun snob using any lame excuse to brag.
    I apologize. I don't own the forum and I'm not a Mod. And I have no right to tell anyone what or what not to post. But his post added nothing to the discussion other than to boost his ego. And this stuff just irritates me.