Ak15?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Nov 24, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Is there a gun called an AK15?

I was watching the discovery channel and they talked about how I guy was armed with an "AK15 automatic assault rifle." I had never heard of it, thought I'd ask.
  2. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut G&G Newbie

Oneastrix,
    I am no expert here but I do know that Soviet military weapon denotations always include the year of adoption. For example The AK47 was first adopted by the Soviet Govt in 1947. The M44 was adopted in 1944, etc. If there is something called an AK15 it is definately not an "official" Kalashnikov variant.
    Are you sure they didnt say AR15?
  3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

NO, I'm an AR fanatic......I wouldn't have missed that, I forgot to say that they showed an actor shooting an AK whatever with no stock on it.
  4. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Knowing that the news media are weapons experts and are never wrong, I'm sure that he was right. the AK-15 fires a 155mm round 300 miles with pinpoint accuracy. KA-BOOOOOM !

One of my favrorite news clown's said ( AN ASSAULT RIFLE IS A GUN THAT KILLS WITH EVERY ROUND )... Now that's a gun.

Any AK can be fired without a stock the Krinkov is stockless most of the time...
  5. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Roger that Rock...I was kinda on the same line myself.....
  6. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I read in a news article after 9-11 about a reporter in Afghanistan that was talking to a 15 year-old boy who had, and I quote, a "300 millimeter handgun in his waistband".
    So, your "AK15" was probably the result of another ignorant person....
  7. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

We had a news report a few years back, where they asked this lady (who knew nothing about guns, so why'd they ask her??) what kind of gun she saw the perp (ahem . . . ALEDGED perp) using in the crime. She said it was a "three-eighty magnum". Wow, I didn't know they made 'em! :p

I was recently talking with a female coworker, and told her of my SKS. Upon hearing it was a military semiautomatic rifle, she asked me, "don't you need a special license for those?"
    Ah, another victim of left-wing liberal news media! :mad:
  8. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut G&G Newbie

I tend to agree with everything said here. I get asked all the time how I can legally own an AK47 let alone the 4000 rounds of FMJ ammo in the closet. It seems the media really has given naive people some VERY wrong impressions about guns, gun ownership and the relative "dangers" of both.

Now back to that 300mm semi-automatic handgun that kills with every shot! I'm gonna call J&G right now and see if I can get it with a C&R Permit. LOL
  9. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

When you do, Cranky, ask them for the shoulder holster, too. It has a weak-side mag pouch for 2 hi-cap mags. :)
  10. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Roger that boys, roger that........
  11. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Newbie

I remember at the deginning of the Afghan conflict a reporter stating a convoy of BATTLESHIPS where moving into the Persian Gulf. Needless to say it was a group of various warships.