Anybody know any good .22 hornet rifles?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Rifles' started by RedneckCatholic, Apr 8, 2012.

1. RedneckCatholic

RedneckCatholic G&G Enthusiast

The Valley Below the Uplandish Volksgemeinde
    I've decided I want a .22 Hornet, either bolt action or single shot--rolling block etc--for varmints, etc. I suppose it would make more sense to buy a .22 magnum, but I just like the .22 hornet. Plus, it could be fairly cheap to reload.

So, if I look for used, what are some decent models, and what are the pitfalls to look for?
  2. Intervention

Intervention G&G Newbie

I sent you a PM before seeing this thread you are looking for a 22 hornet rifle not pistol.

I was going to suggest a Raging Hornet I have for sale 10" barrel so it can make some fairly long range shots too. Take care good luck on your search

robinhollandjr@gmail.com
  3. Tracer

Tracer G&G Enthusiast

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The BRNO ZBK-110 is what I have - very accurate rifle. A break-action similar to the Handi-rifle. It's also chambered in full-size calibers up to .308Win, 8mm Mauser, etc - so it's a strong action.
    Mine now wears a 4.5-14X40AO Simmons ATV scope.

[​IMG]
  5. jerry

jerry G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

6. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Enthusiast

Ruger M77/22H...fabulous rifle...I'm hard to impress but this rifle did the job right out-of-the-box. It beat out my Savage M-40 hands-down...and the 40 is a great single-shot shooter.

You won't be disappointed with the Ruger.

Reloading .22 Hornet takes some extra care due to the case shape and wall thickness (thin-ness) but reloading is definately a money saver in the long run.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  7. mouser868

mouser868 G&G Enthusiast

Ruger No. 3 if you can find one
  8. cabinnut

cabinnut G&G Enthusiast

I'd recommend the one I posted a picture of on "computer help needed" the other day - a 1939 Winchester Model 70 with 10x Unertl scope, but it's not for sale and if you find any that are please let me know. Seriously, an elderly lady once gave me the one her late husband shot dozens of deer with, an old Savage, mod. 340E I think. Doesn't look like much but the darn thing shoots pretty good. No idea on the age but I'm guessing from the '50's. I DO NOT recommend using it for deer but the feral cats around here sure give it a wide berth!
  9. GLS_1956

GLS_1956 G&G Regular

I like my Sako Model 76, I think that's the model anyway. Light and handy and accurate enough to take a coyote past 100 yards.

GLS
  10. slickab

slickab G&G Newbie

[​IMG]

CZ527 .22 Hornet fullstock.....laser like accuracy.......fine rifle......highly recommend
  11. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

I have a Ruger m77 22h in all weather metal finish with a laminated stock it carries a 4x15x50 simmons scope . Undoubted the most accurate out of the box gun I own . Although I might be persuaded to say the same about my 1946 winchester model 75 target in 22lr .