Anyone know of a Mini 14 brass deflector?

Discussion in 'Ruger' started by pvtsnowball82, Sep 7, 2009.

1. pvtsnowball82

pvtsnowball82 G&G Newbie

My new Mini 14 Tactical tends to eject brass into my face...or at least, the brass goes straight up, deflects off the roof at the local range and comes back down at me. Anyone know of a good brass deflector for the Mini 14 (not necessarily a brass catcher)?
  2. Mando

Mando G&G Newbie

A cardboard box.
    Maybe a stronger spring and/or smaller gas bushings are in order?
  3. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Not a brass deflector, but a brass catcher. If you might be interested in one of those instead that is? That is if you can't find a deflector or make one you are happy with or that at least looks decent? But if interested, here you go, just scroll down a little >>> Brass Catchers >>> # 101 and or #102...
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

The Ranch rifle has a low angle ejector that tames the ejection down and keeps cases from hitting the scope.It isn't expensive,about $4.00 plus S&H at Numrich.It isn't hard to change but maybe if you pm SBowers or Mooseman they could help.There is also a way to grind a very little off the ejector and make it work but I can't find the instructions.It is very little you grind off and it is at an angle so I wouldn't advise trying without instructions which I got from Ruger.If memory serves,only the earlier ones had this problem.The ranch rifle had the low angle ejector along with builtin scope base. ,,,sam.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009