Arminius .22 revolver HW7

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by RabidPitWeasle, Dec 9, 2005.

1. RabidPitWeasle

RabidPitWeasle G&G Regular

I picked up one of these guns at a gunshow not too long ago and found a bit of info on it and seen a few on gunbroker.com for sale. But I was wondering if any body has had one or handled one, because it seems that there is a lot of play in the cylinder when you swing it out.

thanks
  2. Troy

Troy G&G Newbie

this is funny, i originally found the G&G forum about a year and a half ago when i was looking for info on the same gun. these good ol boys were so dang nice i been around ever since, and i am sure the members have regretted being so nice every day since, LOL. my arminius is a cheap (paid $100.00) and reliable shooter. my cylinder gets loose from time to time as well, the screw on the swing works its way loose. tighten it up and good to go. considering that they are cheap guns to buy, from what i have heard they were manufactured alright, a little rough on the trigger pull, for the money if you get it cheap, they are ok.
  3. RabidPitWeasle

RabidPitWeasle G&G Regular

I found this one cuz I wanted a .22 revolver for a long time, at first I wanted a H&R topbreak 9shot, (although when you want one you can never find one) then I looked for a Taurus 9shot they were all in the $250-300 range a littel more that I wanted to spend. I did snag this one for $90, works just fine , I've ran every type of .22 ammo through it even some oddball subsonics that look like .22shorts w/ a longer bullet. This is my first .22 revolver , everything else I got is an auto of somesort.
  4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:gangster:
  5. Carol Hadnot

Carol Hadnot G&G Newbie

Received Arminius HW7, .22 mag, with interchangable cylinders for straight .22m long barrell, in or around 1970: know very little about it other than it's German made, and has etched in the barrell on the right side "FIE MIAMI, FLA": I do have the serial number: it fires well and is very accurate, with little recoil, which is nice: has 8 bullets in the cylinder
    Does anyone know anything about the history of the company or when it could have been made? I was told at gunshow that Arminius is no longer in business and with the 8-bullet cylinder, this could be a collector's item, not terribly valuable from a money standpoint but interesting to some if in good condition: would appreciate any responses
  6. Taurus Fan

Taurus Fan G&G Newbie

The Arminius revolvers I used to see in the 70's were considered cheap and poorly made.
  7. rfc357

rfc357 G&G Newbie

I have seen many Arminius revolvers so out of time they would spit copious amounts of lead. I do not consider them safe to shoot and will not permit them in my pistol courses.
  8. SgtKnuckles

SgtKnuckles G&G Newbie

9. Carol Hadnot

Carol Hadnot G&G Newbie

Have had mine for nearly 40 years: no problems with cylinder swing: very accurate with no recoil to speak of: I, too, would like more info but cannot find online
  10. Troy

Troy G&G Newbie

had mine for a couple of years, paid 100.00 for it when i got it. it is a cheap gun of make and quality. i paid for what i got and it's been an accurate dependable shooter.
  11. Montveil

Montveil G&G Newbie

I have a convertible 22lr to 22 mag bought in the 70's also.
    I love the revolver idea and the fact you can dial a round.
    HOWEVER, mine is badly out of tune and badly shaves bullets and hence shoots badly off to the left and low--~ 2 inches in 15 yards. Wish I knew how to correct the timing issue
  12. robbedop

robbedop G&G Newbie

Can somebody tell me wich ammo i can use in a Arminius HW 4/4
    Its a .22 and can hold 8 rounds.
  13. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Suspended

Not sure on the ammo question...but,

Welcome to G&G...

...I hope you'll find this to be a great place to learn, share and have good association with like-minded folks.

Thanks for signing up...

...and, when you're able, please consider a paid membership.

Our paid membership contributions help Chris keep G&G on the web and all of us connected...
  14. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The side of the barrel should be stamped with which cartridge it takes - probably .22LR, or '.22S, L, LR'.
    Any of these three would be okay if it says just .22LR.

If it is '.22 MAG', then use ONLY .22 Magnum!

If it is unmarked, either take it to a gunsmith (he can quickly verify it's caliber) or try to insert a .22 magnum shell - it should NOT even fit the .22LR chamber.
  15. robbedop

robbedop G&G Newbie

HI. Thanks for the fast answer.

Thers only stamped in the barrel. Cal 4 mm 14/20
    Its impossible for me to bring it to a gunshop.....
    Here in this country its illegal to have a gun...........
    Its also impossible to go there and asked for the ammo i need....
    So ill have to no what i can put in there...and tehn find a way to get me some of those bullits.
    It hase now very very very short bullits.
    I hope never to use it but is for home defence only so no long range sharp sooting or what ever.......
    But when illl use it has to do his work.
  16. gunnut2u

gunnut2u G&G Newbie

I had a HW7 about 20 yrs ago.It shot great with no problems.Like a dummy I sold it about 17 yrs ago.I recently purchased a NIB HW7,actually it was today.Waiting on shipment.My question:Does anyone have a line on some black grips?The one I had 20 yrs ago had black grips and new one does not.gunnut2u
  17. gunnut2u

gunnut2u G&G Newbie

Hopefully some help on arminius parts.I have found some stuff at bobs gun shop 501-767-1970 and at gunparts@hsnp.??? I thought I seen some where that hw7 and hw5 parts were interchangable but don't hold me to that.Good luck hunting.gunnut2u
  18. Wilson54

Wilson54 G&G Newbie

Hey!
    I just found this site! So glad to see the posting about the Arminius HW7!
    I shot mine last weekend. It'd been idle for 28 years! I bought it at an Otasco store in 1975 for $110 bucks. It was my "turtle pistol". Still very accurate. Half of the cylinder's bluing is gone from floating around in the floor of my '74 Chevy Nova in beer during the days of my mispent youth.
    Double action is pretty ROUGH. hahahahahahaha. Thanks for bringing back memories. I will take it to the range more often. It's brothers are a Colt Mark lV Series '70, Model 29-2 Smith, Model 15 Smith, and a 1914 pre model 10 Smith (in .32-20).

p.s. The Arminius has so much play in the cylinder when swung out that it's scary. But it always had slop. Even spanking new!
  19. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

4mm?? Wow!
  20. blackgoose

blackgoose G&G Newbie

Arminius revolver

hello, all, woody in tucson here. i'm new to this forum, found it while looking for accessories for my arminius H7T. my father used to use this pistol to finish woodchucks that he'd hit with his 22 rifle. it's the first gun i ever shot and now i've got it. it has the .22 cylinder and a .22wmr cylinder. domestic problems result in us having 3 of our grandchildren living with us. the authorities are concerned about our safety as my son-in-law has a record and is generally an all-around a-hole. child protective services says the gun has to be in a lock box and unloaded. i think i can find a quick opening lock box (any suggestions gratefully accepted). i found this site while trying to locate a speed loader for this gun. doesn't seem to be much luck. i haven't fired this thing for 45 years or so. i work with a guy who's a real firearm enthusiast and we're going to the range some day next week. wife definitely wants to shoot it and get a feel for it just in case a-hole shows up. thanx for listening, may the powers that be smile on you all, and yours. be safe, woody in tucson