Arminius hw 7

Discussion in 'Rimfire Pistol' started by colorado kid, Aug 20, 2012.

1. colorado kid

colorado kid G&G Newbie

Hi

My father died a couple of years ago, and my brother just gave me the Arminius HW7 that my father had. This gun came with 2 cylinders one is 22lr and the other is 22mag. I have never shot this gun but it is in very good condition. Does any body have some info on this gun, how well does it shoot, This gun has a 6 in barrel and it is ribbed. Thanks for and info.
  2. waterdog

waterdog G&G Newbie

Sorry 'bout your dad, and welcome to the site, I've got a convertable (.22lr/.22mag) relvolver as well, not the same brand as yours with a 4" barrel it's accurate with the .22lr not so much with the .22mag, hope yours is accurate with both, look foward to seeing you around the site.
  3. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

First...
    the Arminius DA Revolver HW-7 was also known as the Herter's Guide Model and a few other things, depending on Who Imported It...
    they were all made by Weihrauch (Herman Weihrauch Revolver, Deutchland) in Melrichstadt, Germany.
    Being a HW-7 with two cylinders it is an HW 7-Duo or a HW 7 Duo T
    So go here & read all this...the grips in the main photo are of the Wood Olympic Style! (T designation)
    Genitron.com: Details for Arminius HW 7 T .22 LR Revolver

Next are the grips...there were at least 5 styles that I've seen...
    Rubber Pachmyer-type (aftermarket?), Ivory Standard, Wood standard, Wood thumbrest, and Wood Olympic Target style (fingergrooves & thumbrest).
    There may be more...but you can research that yerself ;)

F.I.E. was the main importer, but there were others, your revolver should have an Import Stamp with a buncha info on it...

Depending on condition & grips, worth from $80-200

They started making them around 1950 and evidently they're still in biz today...
    but pretty much stopped being imported in 1990 when FIE closed...

Watch for loose cylinder...worst problem besides gritty triggers...at least you can polish the trigger assembly ;)

IMHO, they were about the same hit-or-miss quality as the Heritage Rough Rider...a good plinker, but nothing to write home about...
    if mechanically sound, should be a nice revolver to use occasionally and pass down to yer kids/grandkids...
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012