Avoid mmc sights inc

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by lw2009, Sep 20, 2009.

1. lw2009

lw2009 G&G Newbie

I wanted to let everyone know to stay away from a company in Las Vegas, Nevada. named MMC Sights Inc. They are an on-line retailer who sells sights. This company is fraudulent.

On June 20,2009 I purchased an adjustable rear tritium sight for my Kimber Ultra CDP II. For $15 they offered to professionally install the sight. I sent them my slide via UPS which they received on June 29, 2009. Since then I have not been able to make contact with this company. I have sent over 30 e-mails, but they do not respond. I have called them over 30 times, but they do not answer their telephone. I have left over 30 messages on their answering machine, but they do not return my calls. I even sent them an overnight federal express letter that they signed for...no reponse.

I did some research on this company, which I should have done before sending them my slide. They do not have a valid business license in the state of Nevada. They have an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau and have not bothered to respond to 7 out of the 11 complaints filed against them in the last 36 months. The state attorney general's office in Nevada is no longer accepting complaints from consumers (budget cuts). The Las Vegas Police Department will not take a complaint either (too busy). A lawyer charges $325 an hour, meaning that it will cost much more than the price of the gun to get the slide back. I filed a complaint with the FBI but they admitted that not much will come of it, they have bigger fish to fry. I called Kimber and they told me that they do not sell replacement slides.

It looks like I am stuck...anyone got any good ideas?

Please let everyone know to stay away from this company.

Thanks,
    LW
  2. SightNSqueeze

SightNSqueeze G&G Newbie

It looks like you did your research before putting the word out. An "F" rating and refusal to respond doesn't sound like a business entity that deserves money from the consuming public. I'm sorry that the Nevada State Attorney General doesn't have enough money to keep a sufficient staff. They would certainly have an easy case here. It will be during the economic downturns like these that more fraud will be committed. Perhaps you and all of the others that were the victims of fraud by this company can file a joint or class action suit through a common law firm who will accept a reasonable percentage. Best of luck.
  3. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

LW sorry to hear the trouble. $15.00 for Tritium sights sounds to good to be true and you found out the hard way. Out of curiosity what is their address? I have never heard of these guys.
  4. Fokker

Fokker G&G Newbie

Road trip? That sucks. For all intents and purposes, you just had an entire gun stolen from you. Since they won't respond to distance correspondence and the BBB and AG can't do anything, that's all that I could think of.
  5. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Yep!. Sorry to say, but, it sounds like your slide is GONE...Have to send the frame to Kimber and pay for a new slide and have it fitted.

If you have the address of where you sent your slide, and I hope to God it wasn't to a P.O. Box, maybe, just maybe one of the members here that knows the area or lives by it might take a drive by and see if they're open, closed, a vacant lot or what?

I feel for ya'.. Makes me real glad I bought the tool to do change my own on my Glock and that have so far, been able to do and done my own on any I've changed...

I really and truly feel for you and thank you for giving us a heads up.

FWIW, and sorry for the reason that brought you here, but welcome to G&G...
  6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Looks like you will need to go to another company to have a new slide fitted to your pistol. Maybe Caspian would do it??
  7. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Contact the BATFE and advise them....
  8. Dakoma

Dakoma G&G Enthusiast

They will do nothing I went a simular route ,I sent a reciever to Carthage Tennessee the guy was called Mart's Custom Guns ,the guys name is Martin Nipple he was to fit on a NEF reciever a 45/70 barrel and a 38/55,found that the Police Chief (he called me)did not want me fileing charges and tried his best to talk me out of it.I sent $331.00 for the work and barrels and reciever and found he had sent them(yes as many as 70 people) to 2 diferent states or should I say sold them.BATFE said they could not do anything unless ordered by the DA,Fbi got a complaint form I filed on internet fraud(sent to 3 ofices) nothing was done the guy was suposedly arested and then fled,last I heard was he was in iLL.in Jail over another crime and the Chief told me he would call when it went to court and let me know that was in 2004.Guy had a nice website,specialized in Rem.700 actions ,a Law enforcement page and lots of guns for sale even 50 Cal. rifles.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  9. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

eez, you'd think they would since in your case the part that has the serial number and that basically makes it a firearm, the receiver, was involved and supposedly they want to prevent guns from getting or falling into the wrong hands.

I think this is something I'd now forward to my representatives saying just that and asking why it's unimportant?

Filing a complaint sure can't hurt. Like you said, they might not do nothing, but you never know. Plus, if they get enough or already have enough complaints on the same business, they'll have to...

Like I said to the original poster of this thread I say to you, sorry you got ripped off.

One should most definitely research to whom ever they're sending their firearms or parts of firearms to before sending. Especially if to far to drive if something happens...
  10. Krag 30-40

Krag 30-40 G&G Newbie

If this involved your receiver and you have a bill of sale showing it is yours and all your paperwork about the other guy I'd report the gun stolen and get it on the national registry for stolen firearms.You might get it back sometime.With the ATF out trying to shut people down for minor paperwork infractions I can't believe they don't put this guy in jail.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
  11. Dakoma

Dakoma G&G Enthusiast

I think he had somebody in Office there a relative,that did not want it to soil their name and he was allowed to get away with it ,I researched his name and it was Martin F.Nipple and that is all I was allowed to do on my computer,David Long was the Chief and called after I got the name from his office the Lady that I spoke to had given me info that made him mad and he called my wife and screamed at her and told her that I should stop calling (I made 2 calls) gave the lady the serial # and I could hear her diging through a big box of recievers,Wished I knew who all (names and where they lived that got ripped off.Emailed to 3 FBI agency's and 2 days later he called and said he would contac me when it went to court.I am still waiting.:cussing:
  12. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

Contact Us -- PtNight Sights mmc Sigths

Says:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  13. Dakoma

Dakoma G&G Enthusiast

Interesting ,you go to about us and what do you see,maybe something to make you trust them.Simular tactics but Marts Custom Guns was done more elaborate.I have the Insured shipping reciet,the copy of cashed check,printed email conversation that he confirms to send me my reciever and money but I got the shaft.And the Law did nothing.:hump:
  14. Dakoma

Dakoma G&G Enthusiast

15. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Maybe one of our Las vegas members could do a little Recon of that address and get back to you...

Rich
  16. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

I just looked up the address and will try to swing by there today and have a look if the place is in fact even open. I am not going to walk into the store and start demanding the slide, but I will see what kinda place it is.
  17. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Thats a start...finding out if the doors are open or not is a first step.
  18. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

Well, I'd wait for the OP to return. He has only posted 2 posts, and hasn't been here in a few days. And, we don't even know if that is the right company. It is just the one I came up with through a Google search.

lw2009, is the link I posted the correct company?
  19. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

Ok so I went by there today. Small store front in an out of the way area. I decide to walk in and this is where it get interesting. The front office is so small(10'X12') maybe. Guy behind the counter looks surprised to even see someone walk through the door. There were no shelves no product of any sort out for display. The only thing that even remotely gun related were a few gun posters. I ask the guy if I am even in the right place and he asks what I need. I tell him I am looking for tritium night sights and tell him it's for one of my kimbers. He gives me a blank look like he hasn't an idea of what i'm talking about. He then opens a back door and asks someone and they guy says yes we have them. He then asks if I want fixed or adjustable as they have both in stock ready to go. He quotes me a price of $85.00 so I said ok i'll think about it and walked out the door. I wouldn't do business there even if I hadn't read about the Original posters problems. I had an uncomfortable feeling the entire time I was there. Why the OP stated $15 and these guys say $85 is beyond me but I will repeat I wouldn't buy anything out of that store if they did have anything for sale.
  20. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

You're a great guy to go and scope the place out. It sounds like it was an...interesting...experience.

I think what the OP meant was that the installation of the sights is $15. I checked their site, and they do offer the parts for $80-$100, and you can get an installation for only $15.

I have no doubt that the OP is sincere with his experience. But, he isn't around to give any feedback, so this might just be a warning for all of us to avoid this MMC Sights, Inc.

EDIT: I did send lw2009 a PM yesterday to check this thread. He hasn't responded to the thread or my PM yet. So, we'll see. :)