Ballistics tracking urged to ID guns

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GGReporter, Oct 4, 2008.

1. GGReporter

GGReporter Moderator

A radical gun-control advocate told the D.C. Council`s public safety committee Wednesday that officials should consider adopting a complex method of ballistics tracking to help identify guns used in the city.

More...
  2. Deersniper

Deersniper G&G Newbie

That already happens, when the bullet is fired, it gets unique marks from the rifling in the barrel. This is just a further attempt to impose more restrictions
  3. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

I got a notice or statement in the mail this morning from the NRA and they're talking in it about if Obama gets in he'll make it so we can only buy one gun a month, how when in Illinois he voted to ban hand guns and a host of other things. I do have to wonder if most aren't just scare tactics to get me,you,us to donate cash?

I don't doubt Obama has plans for guns, gun rights and the 2nd Amendment, I mean, he is also a Constitutional law lawyer. I can't say if it ends up as reality and what I'd do if it came down to being forced to register every gun I own, but right now I'll say over my dead body. I don't in my wildest imagination think our forefathers ever intended we be required to register our guns as a means of knowing who has what. I really don't. And based on that, I feel angered those who know this as well, and that have the power and ability would still even try. And if WE DO NOT STAND AND FIGHT, THEY WILL GET THEIR WAY!

In regards to this NRA notice, and any other, I hate the way it makes me feel. I mean, I save for what I want and have what I do because I saved or sold something to get it. Next to go is probably my motorcycles. Not only because I want other things, but because physically I just can't enjoy it like I once did. But I don't have extra cash to constantly give the NRA money, and it makes me feel guilty. I also wonder about thier motives sometimes. I mean, I know they're the bifggest and the best chancew we have, but I can't stand the thought it's all about giving whomever money to vote our way. I refuse to pay a politician to do what the Constitution guarantess me.

So when I see threads like this it angers me to the point I feel, you know what, bring it on, over my dead body will I ever let you take my rights and walk all over them or do what ever you want to my 2nd Amendment rights or any others.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  4. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Glock,

Just remember that you own the process of how you feel. You don't need to give $, and not giving money, at least for me, doesn't usually make me feel guilty of anything (no matter who it's not to).

I speak out, I vote, I write my congressmen, president, and newspapers. Wherever possible, I let folks know the importance of the RKBA, and of the direct threat barack hussein and pals pose to it (as well as other rights). When we get nonsense like this, I'll speak and write out against it, and let people know how silly and unconstitutional it is. This is within your control. Keeping your firearms, no matter what, is also within your control.

Other things aren't, and I personally let things beyond my control go. This doesn't mean I don't get fired up about this type of nonsense and fight it where I can; it just means when I can't that's that.

Cheers :)
  5. sniper1958

sniper1958 G&G Newbie

Listen carefully to OB's statements (and that of his campaign, including Biden). Every reference to his "pro 2A" mood of the day is about rifles & shotguns for sportsmen. He never includes handguns in his rhetoric. Hmmmmmmmmm......I wonder why......? Try asking anyone at his headquarters about his stance on handguns - try not to be too shocked with the answer.
  6. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

barack hussein and biden are extremely anti gun (hussein especially so--he's a gun prohibitionist for us commoners). They don't have enough B.S. in them to begin to cover this up (and they both have PLENTY of B.S.).
  7. DWFan

DWFan G&G Enthusiast

Given that the majority of firearms used in crimes are obtained illegally, "bullet tracking" make no sense. They already have the means to match a bullet to a barrel, but who's to say a specific barrel was used in any particular weapon? Most semi-auto barrels can be changed out fairly easily.
  8. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Glock, please realize that if gun confiscation was ever ordered the people ordering it would not care one whit about the number of body bags required because of it.