BAM XS B26-2 Purchase

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tfd309, Feb 22, 2009.

1. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

Just bought another break barrel rifle tonight . Just cannot get Old School out of my life , love them break barrels ...
    Here's what I got , the Bam XS B26-2 in .22 Caliber with 3x9x40mm OA Scope :
    [​IMG]

Should be a natural for customizing of course , which is my full intention . The major complaint of the gun by all the reviews I have read is that the cheek piece is too high . Easy fix . Other than that , it rates pretty high on the quality and functionality scale , even by some respected air gunners I read from time to time . It is basically a Beeman R9 with thumb-hole stock , but am sure it is not near the quality of the R9 . Plus its got the new generation copy of the Rekord Trigger , which is highly adjustable and tune-able , as is the spring piston system . Should be fun to tune her in and tune her up too .
    I personally have had very good luck with some of the nicer high end Chinese guns , so what the hack , might as well get another . I sure as heck aint paying $400 plus for an R9 , they just aint worth it , been there done that . Maybe 25 years ago I would have , but not what they are offering now for that price . Heck even some of the spendy RWS guns now have plastic on them ??? What the !!!
    Anyway , will post when I get it here with opinions of course and pictures . Can't go wrong with a combo for just over $200-ish .
    No , it aint no Thoeben , but not everyone needs one of them to feel like a man either ...I own Styre Manlichers , 2 of them anyway , I got enough classy rifles when I need to pick something up that makes me feel "King" like anyway . I like the cheaper guns too , because I can upgrade them with little money and get a fine shooting gun for fun and plinking and even hunting without having to spend over $300 .

I win !!!!

Boken :banana:
  2. KC IN TC

KC IN TC G&G Newbie

Sir we here at the clinic have been following your illness and have come to the conclusion that your addiction has reached critical levels. Step out of the work shop slowly and stop inhaling the varnish LOL!!!
    Dang man another hottie. Are the chinese AG's worth the $'s. What are the FPS rated at?
  3. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

No such thing as too many guns

-------------------

KC , there is no such thing as too many guns , just too little money , and too little time . You would fall over dead with your Jaw dropped open if you actually stepped in my gun room KC ...Truth !!!!

And NO NO NO NO , the Chinese guns aint worth what they charge , they are worth twice times what the charge or more . There labor is astronomically cheap , so we get allot of gun for the money from them .
    My AR20 can keep right up with my Russian IZH in Ten Meter shooting , no kidding , its incredibly accurate for a $200 rifle . If I scope it , it is boring to shoot , it puts pellet into pellet consistantly if I do my part .
    The Chinese guns have come a long way KC . That is mostly because we have whined allot and they have had to come up with better QC standards . Once RWS hired them to produce-build some of their guns , its been a good experince for the shooters here in getting decent guns at a decent price . I wouldn't sudgest getting the realy cheap ones , but I would recomend the QB-78,79 always and any of the higher priced ones . There new PCP rifles are having a wonderfull reputation in Field Targets , and can be tuned to the max , bonus !!!!
    The QB was based on the Crosman way back when , and then they made a barrel for it that can realy produce accuracy . The QB's action is the same as the AR20 , but has a sporter barrel .
    Allot of people bad mouth the China guns , mostly because they are Thoeben owners or the like , and are comparing apples to oranges of course . Just because a gun doesn't cost $500 or more, doesn't mean its not accurate , or fun !!!!
    What you don't get in the China guns is refined machining , finish , or real pretty stock work , they are pretty Plane Jane . My specialty !!!!
    If you want pretty , buy a Thoeben !!!! And you get world class accuracy too . But bring your bank account KC . You get what you pay for . But,
    that being said you get twice what you pay for in China guns because of the trade aggreements , tarrifs discounts and labor costs .
    I personally love them and have had no issues at all with any of them and I owne several . They aint no Samg Yang quality KC , but then again they don't cost half a thousand dollars plus either . If your not competing in real sanctioned sports up agianst $2,000 Air Arms guns , then they will providee you with all the fun and accuracy you could want , promise you that much . When you start getting into the $200 China guns, your getting good guns that are very accurate . I have put plenty of talking crap European gun owners smack talkers with huge egos sitting back on there seats with my AR20 . Put up or shut up is my Motto , and most have to shut up after I shoot with them about my stupud little Chinese Ten Meter gun . Granted , I shoot allot and am pretty good , but the gun can shoot , flat out shoot .

Later , Boken

PS................ KC, the gun is rated .177 1,000 FPS ....... .22 850 FPS .
    Those ratings are for flat tip wadcutters am sure , so it will be allot less if using Preimeirs or heavy hunting tipped pellets . With a tune am sure I can get it up to the 850 with heavy pellets easilly though in .22 .
    As long as I have 700 FPS anyway , that's all I require for my hunting rifles to have anyway .
    People get way too hung up on FPS . It don't mean accuracy that's for sure !!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
  4. KC IN TC

KC IN TC G&G Newbie

Sounds like my next AG is going to be Asian! I am a tight wad and am always looking for the bargin. Am glad that you are pleased with them. As long as they're shooters first, I can sand a stock and probably the metal for that matter. If I screw up on one of these its a little easier to swallow.
  5. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

KC IN TC

----------------------

KC IN TC .
    Me too , I often am looking to get the most bang for the buck . But , I often buy realy nice guns too . I enjoy working up a decent gun into a really nice gun too though , like the Sam Yang . Granted it costs $550 on sale ( see , on sale ! ) then dump hundreds more into it , and tons of hours work into it too , to make it really nice .
    My buddy has a B-51 from BAM , its very nice right out of the box , for what it is . It'sa PCP gun . The stock is nice right out of the box and so is the metal work , very nice gun for under $400 with scope set-up on sale .
    He also has the B-40 underlever Field Target gun , and that mutha is cool too !!!! I wouldn't mind getting that one too .
    I would stear away from TF or Norinco and Industry Brand , but the Bam products are definately in a class by themselves as far as China quality goes . It is there best stuff . They also go by the name Xisico-Bam which is the actual company . Pretty good stuff . My TF stuff is good, but tis kinda rough till I put my tools to it .
    All my TF stuff is good , but the Bam stuff I have seen already and held two of them , and they are very nice for what they are . What they are is major copy right infringment on the Air Arms TX200 ( B-40 ) and the R-9 Beeman ( B-26-2 ) ....................I am sure the B-50 and 51 are stolen designs too from something European . China aint bashfull on taking peoples designs and making money on them .
    The QB series is another example. They did real good on that one though , they improved Crosmans design and out did there barrels big time . My sporter model in .22 is so much fun . So is the AR20 , both are very cool guns for CO2 .
    I am sure this B-26-2 won't be my last China gun , that I can count on .

Later, Boken
  6. KC IN TC

KC IN TC G&G Newbie

Done some looking around and I'm getting kind of partial toward their sidelever. I sort of like the idea of a fixed barrel and the look of them. I wish I could find a local dealer so I could handle one.
  7. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

Yeh , I hear ya KC

-----------

I hear ya KC , don't know of anyone in my area that carries any of them either ??? But , then again , they wouldn't be the same price as what you can get on the Interenet either , you can count on that !!!! Then add sales tax , profit margins , your screwed then , and may as well buy European on the interent for the same price as retail of the China gun if it was bought local . I have seen some at gun shows though ??? But , that is few and far between and no service or guarantee on that stuff once you walk out of the place .
    Yes, the fixed barrel is stronger , better , and mathamatically un-arguable that it is better no doubt about it . May be miniscule margins compaired to break barrels that way , but it can't be argued fixed is fixed and break is break . That's Math and it don't lie !!!!
    The only drawback if any the fixed barrels have is they are heavy . If your 6' and big and ugly like me , then no problems !!!!
    Looks like the B-30 is what your looking into to me ???? It has pretty nice reviews and definately packs a punch . Around 1,100 for .177 and 900 for .22 . That's God awfully powerfull FPS !!!!
    I have seen them from Bam for about $160 ???? Worth every penny am sure .
    I am seriously stearing towards the B-40 myself ? But it's a whole lot more money too . And it comes in .22 which is my prefered hunting caliber , for me that is . The .177 can scramble brains just fine too , but the .22 delivers more "Knock Down Power" hands down , in my experience that is .
    Can't wait to shoot the Yang again , now that's Knock Down Power , lol !!!

Guess we both better go work some more to afford this stuff !!!!

Later, good luck on your choice if you do get one . Hey, if you don't like it , you can always send her back ...

Boken :banana:

PS..............My B-26-2 Thumbhole version get here Friday ,will let ya know how it is then ..
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  8. KC IN TC

KC IN TC G&G Newbie

You're right the B-30 is the one. I've got the .22 and do appreciate the added thump, but for what ever reason I can't find .22 cal. pellets, except for Predators, anywhere around here. I kinda want to try for a more precise rifle with the .177 too. Been looking at the leapers compact 6x to top it off with. I think it could be a Bargin Baby. Should be Excedrine Headache #177 for the tree rats and black birds in the spring.
  9. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

KC IN TC

--------------------------------

KC IN TC ,
    I think if you get the powerfull .177 , your gonna have to run heavy pellets in it to get it accurate anyway more than likely . That much FPS with wadcutters can't be good , too light . There is a reason Match Guns shoot at lower FPS , and its because you can attain very GREAT accuracy with subsonic loads .
    Shouldn't be a problem finding .177 locally though , seams most people shoot that caliber anyway . It is the accuracy round for sure , proven too . I have equal amounts of .177 and .22 now I think just about ??? I like them both . Although I do really like the sound of a .22 smackin the paper targets ? Im'e funny that way I guess ? It sounds equally as cool on a rabbits skull too . I am getting the hankering to get a PCP in .22 now that I am set up for PCP rifles ???
    I have the luxery of having Cabelas less than 15 miles from my house , so had the chance to go look at the New Benjamin Discovery PCP rifles . Man they are tiny !!!! Almost like a little kids rifle ???
    It is smaller than the QB-78 ???? What the !!!! Why bother making such a cool package deal and then making such a puny rifle ??? I mean PUNY !!! Nice gun , built well it looks like , but what a dwarf size gun ? I guess they figured it was the only way a kid could possibly get into PCP rifles and actualy afford one is to make them that small ??? I think they were trying to get the younger childrens market going I guess in PCP guns ???

Been looking into and reading about my buddies Xisico B-51 PCP . Seams the way to go to me . Plus it is real life size for real adults , with real power too . Going to do some more reading first , then I may be getting one today ? Ordering that is .
    I am finding for $400 you can get into one with scope too , so may do that today , we'll see . Would be a nice addition to the the Sam Yang PCP arsenal collection for a second PCP gun though . MO MONEY !!!!!

Later, Boken
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  10. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

Is it Friday yet !!!!

Is it Friday yet !!!!!
    I need to work on something till the Yang gets back home !!!!
    Is it Friday yet , is it , is it , is it ! How about now !!!
    Darn I hate waiting on guns to get here .........It is like waiting for X-Mas year-round here . But I earn it , it's all good that way , but the wait is a drag !!!
    Check these tuned Xisico B-26-2's pictures I hyjacked . These are tuned by Mike Melick . He does a nice tune . Beautiful guns for just over $200 without tune or mods . And buddy boys , those are stock guns there , no finish work , nothing , just octaine tunes is all to the actions that Mike did . Cannot tell me China aint getting there quality standards up ! Very good accuracy out of this model too , stock .

[​IMG]

Makes the Beeman R-9 look mighty boring !!!!

Can you see why I want it to be Friday yet !!!!

Cheers, Boken
  11. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

Its here !!!!

Well it is here , in my grubby little hands finally .
    I am not impressed easilly for being a Gunsmith , but I will say I am impressed with the B-26-2 from Xisico .
    I was expecting crappy wood , crappy recoil pad , crappy blueing , crappy metal work , crappy cocking smoothness , and crappy power .

Ummmm ? None of that was true ?
    This gun rivals Euro guns , just under the smoothness of any RWS or the like . No kidding . For $209 I am pretty impressed actually . I ran three rounds through it after a felt wad from Beeman into my target and backstop , which is backed by sheets of metal in the shooting corral so no matter what the bullet doesn't travel through . I shot into my target which is 1/2" plywood on a wood frame of 2x4's I made to hold cardboard and targets . It went right through the 1/2" ply and into the metal backstop with a loud clang . That was at only 15 meters though . I love the sound of a .22 !!! This thing has what I like to call serious THUMP !!!! I can't wait to tune this one , it ought to prove awsome for hunting Rabbits .
    The Xisico 3x9x40mm scope is very nice too so it appears, good clarity , nice knobs , etc. I would say it is as good or better than Center Point easilly .
    The wood is very nice , no fillers , very nice finish and decent grain pattern with one nice lttle highlight in it that will shine with my work on it for sure .
    All I can say is SMOOOTHHH !
    Will leave it at that till I get my work done to it , but its worth the money and much more .

Boken
  12. troublesome16

troublesome16 G&G Newbie

How is it?

Boken,

Just wondering if we could get an update on the XS-B26-2, how is the trigger? I was also looking at the 22. and have seen pretty good reviews but mostly on the 177. Also, where did you order from? I only see two websites that have them.

Cheers,

T
  13. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

Update

--------------

Well, here it is currently , with about the tenth coat of finish on it .

[​IMG]
    My CZ stock is in front of the B-26-2 , but you get the drift .
    [​IMG]

The only thing I can tell ya is the trigger is standard Reckord Copy, excellent !!!
    Best Airgun is where I bought it , Xisico made it ...Don't be fooeld by buying from Adventures Airguns for $200 . All you get is the gun , no scope, no rings, no free shipping . For $209 you get the full meal deal with Best . Thier advertizing is very misleading as Adventures , especially the picture of what they are selling . . Yes, they do check them out, so-what . Yes they do a moly tune, so what . Childsplay . Buyer beware .

Cheers, Boken