Basics Sticky?

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by BarryHalls, May 8, 2012.

1. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Enthusiast

Could we create a shotgun basics sticky? We often find ourselves explaining the same basic principles over and over. It's good for newbies to know these things, but it may be best to condense these things with a link round up.

I have made such threads a few times, would be more than happy to make a complete and polished thread, if someone would sticky it.

I would also LOVE to do a home defense shotgun recommendation thread with options and prices from a variety of brands.

Thoughts? Opinions?
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

B/H I'm of the opinion that most of the stickies never get read, even by some long term forum users.
  3. BarryHalls

4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I agree to a point that many people click on the thread, but a very high percentage do not mine the pertinent information in that thread for the solution to their problem.Instead they start a new thread dealing with the issue, and even then after being directed repeatedly to the stickies the thread might go on for several pages.

I don't expect that a basics sticky in the shotgun forum would command any more respect or authority than it does in the AK or Mosin Nagant forum, and that is ok too.
  5. BarryHalls

I believe the sticky in the AK forum at least accomplishes a lot. At very least it's easy to go to it and link in the info, but it seems to prevent a lot of questions. Questions found in the stickies are rarely asked, but not totally avoided.
  6. BarryHalls

Lets looks at this a different way. I want to help with a general information sticky. Is there a good reason NOT to have one?
  7. graytown

graytown G&G Newbie

Hi. I've got this 12 caliber shotgun I won in a hamster fight. the other day I noticed that CR123 batteries fit down the barrel real nice. I was wondering if I could put 3-4 on top of a bullet to increase my odds when I start duck hunting this year. Any thoughts?
  8. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Enthusiast

i can say i have tryed to read most of the stickys in the forums i brows the most
  9. franchi

franchi G&G Newbie

I had posted one a year or two ago that made sticky but for some reason it was removed. I will try to find the link again