Belt Buckle Question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Freezing Hot, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Freezing Hot

Freezing Hot G&G Newbie

This could be wrong forum, but it's where I see the greatest opportunity for getting a little help. I just picked a belt buckle identical to this one today and am looking for a little help telling the age, if anyone's seen it before.

[​IMG]

I site I saw said about 30 years old, I'm just looking for firsthand experience. Thanks!
  2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I remember seeing those at craft fairs in both solid brass and Armetale-type 'pewter' in the early 1970s, usually attached to belts at least an inch and a half wide and often two inches wide. The leathercraft folk kept them around for the good ol' boys who didn't hold with belt buckles featuring the peace sign or marijuana leaves or something handmade-psychedelic. When you travel the country working craft fairs for a living, you have to appeal to the widest possible audience.

You could get them with a Winchester rifle logo as well. And I remember seeing one with the Ruger phoenix on it, like something off a gun box, at least twice.
  3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

i have a little Nipper RCA buckle, they were gifts to RCA dealers. i would assume Colt did the same thing. but then maybe some one in the Chi/Com is making copies of them.
  4. Freezing Hot

Freezing Hot G&G Newbie

The more I've looked em up, they have been made from the 60s through 80s.
    I don't know, I like it. My belt's an inch and a half wide, it fits my "style" pretty well, so I'm happy with it. Fifteen bucks my girlfriend spent well!