Best place for wood grips for CZ82/83

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PCG8R, Apr 25, 2008.

1. PCG8R

PCG8R G&G Newbie

Who makes the best wood grips to replace the originals ?
  2. Muddog

Muddog G&G Newbie

3. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

I have spent days looking for grips for my CZ 82 and I'll be dearn this site has plenty of them.
    I found the black plastic replacement and a set of wood one's at Midway USA the wood ones were in the 70 dollar range.

I could'nt find prices at this site. Thank You Muddog...A.H
  4. Snowman

Snowman G&G Newbie

I have a set from Dennis for my P-64. He's easy to deal with and makes a good product. +1
  5. Muddog

Muddog G&G Newbie

No prob, CZ isn't the best when it comes to aftermarket products
  6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Marschalgrips is a pain in the arse...took 28 days to get mine...then he sent light stained ones instead of dark like I asked...sold 'em on EBAY for what I paid.

I have a very nice pair of dark walnut grips for the CZ82 that I'm gonna sell...just a little thick on the sides...after going through all that I prefer the factory ones.

Anyone interested in the dark walnut checkered grips PM me.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  7. chipthief

chipthief G&G Newbie

how much? Will they fit cz 83 also? TY!
  8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Already sold 'em yesterday...waiting for the funds.
  9. jshoo

jshoo G&G Newbie

CZ 82 BEST grips

I own 3 CZ82 surplus pistols - purchased 2 at GunAuction,com & one a J&G sales, all cost about $195. Got C&R services on all.
    All three underwent a complete tear down and sanding and repainting with dull black duracoat (Excellent product) All received Marschal checkered grips and their appearance is better than a Brand New CZ83.
    I have a CCW license and when I do carry a weapon I carry 2 of my CZ82's Mechanically all three are in excellent shape and are 9x18 cal 12 rounders.
    I mostly carry one in a shoulder holster and one in a leg holster.

In a incident last year I was in my truck stopped at a railroad crossing for a train and a gang of young punks in another truck pulled in behind me, Four of them jumped out of their truck bed with a couple bats and two hunting knives yelling and screaming for me to "Get out of the truck &*()_%%&^^&*!
    I OBLIGED, but when I flashed the fact that I had a CZ82 in each hand they suddenly decided to jump back in their truck demanding their driver "Get the HELL out of Here!!!"

Don't ever tell me that issuing a CCW license to someone is a mistake. I know I would have either been killed or badly beaten by these thugs had I not been carrying!
  10. jshoo

jshoo G&G Newbie

Marschalgrips.com

Marschalgrips.com make the absolut BEST grips for the CZ82. They fit when you get them with NO need to do and filing or sanding and really look GREAT! I prefer the Checkered Walnut with an oil finish, used them on all three of mine. At $45 shipped I doubt you can get a better deal or quallity grips for CZ82's. It may take him a couple weeks but they are worth the wait!
    Jim [​IMG]
  11. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

When I moved and had to put my business on hold, I was trying to decide whether the CZ-52's or 82\83's were going to be my next project. As it turns out, I've never even finished the Bubinga grips I started for my PA-63. Dennis is a nice guy but out philosophies differ a bit in grips as his are done mostly by machine.
  12. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

^^^ I think by hand would be what I'd prefer if given the choice? ^^^
  13. J.T.

J.T. G&G Newbie

I Just Received Mine and They Are Very Impressive BUT...

"NO need to do any filing or sanding"
    Maybe they have changed the setting on there machine or something. I had to take a dremmel to both grips to get them to fit properly. After an hour of sanding and retrying they finally fit. I could not even get the slide to operate before "Adjusting" them. TRUE they are very nice in quality and looks but damn!! I really was hopeing for a better fit but.....:ugh:
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009