Best predator Call???

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by sell33, Feb 14, 2008.

1. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

So I have coyote hunted a little, but never really with much success. what is the best type of predator call that is not outrageously priced?? Which is better, mouth calls or electronic/digital??? I would really like to actually start killing some coyotes lol...well other than when pushing woods while deer hunting....
  2. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I live in Mich. and use mouth calls almost exclusively.Except for howl and bark.I believe electronic gives a better selection.Duck and goose,crow,distress and such can be done with mouth.Some people howl and bark good.I would sugest getting into good cover and trying hand calls and electric. sam.
  3. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

I live in ohio, i have only really tried calling about 5 times, never with success. one of the very first times i was out i was using a 10 dollar primos mouth distress call and called in a pair, way out though i never got a shot. After that i bought a fairly cheap handheld electronic and i think it is about worthless....unfortunately im in college and have very little money to spend at the time so i tihnk i need to get good with a cheap mouth call. what time of day do you generally hunt?
  4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

As with most hunting,dawn and dusk are the best without extra equipment.At night you need a light,preferably the ones that mount on the firearm with a red/white light and remote back at the action.In daylight a blind can be a big help.Cheap handcalls will do it.Just use anything that makes noise.The best,easiest decoy is a stick you can jab in the ground and two feathers tied on about 6" of string so they blow in the breeze.Whatever you did to get the two coming in,try it again.They have some good videos on calling. sam.
  5. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

Hmm ill have to try the feather idea... i need to find my mouth call too i seem to have misplaced it...thanks
  6. Brad Y

Brad Y G&G Newbie

not coyotes i know but we had some success with the primos raspy coaxer on foxes here in aus last weekend. We cant get them here so I ordered one as soon as i got home. That might be a good one to try as you can get a really raspy call out of it, then a squeak as well to keep them interested in close.
  7. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

hmm that just might be an idea i like the price lol...