Bill Nullifying Acts Violating The Second Amendment Passes Missouri Senate 26-6

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by SKS NOOB, May 3, 2013.

1. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

2. lynxpilot

lynxpilot Constitutionalist Forum Contributor

Just last night, I emailed a copy of the Holder letter to my rep (not that he's not already aware of it). I didn't realize we had this one in the works here in Missouri. In any event, he knows my opinion, and quite well by now. He usually emails me back within hours. Good rep.
  3. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

This does worry me, though. Not because it makes a stand on our 2nd amendment rights, but that it's almost LITTERALLY the opposite of what New York Has done. It's a pretty good indication of the HUGELY divisive culture war we are facing now. The "traditionalists" (rural communities) vs. "modern liberalists" (big cities).
  4. lynxpilot

lynxpilot Constitutionalist Forum Contributor

The bigger worry is nullification in general. States have never fared well in that arena.
  5. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

We have them surrounded :)
  6. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

Considering that rural folk grow the crops and raise the cattle, I would say we have their food, too. Yes, I know they have the army, etc.., but how many from the military would be joining those rural ranks?
  7. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

The Constitution is the supreme law of our nation. And the laws passed by the liberals in control are at odds with that very document! Therefore those laws are considered UNConstitutional and UN enforceable. All the states are doing is telling the feds they WON'T enforce UNConstitutional laws! Holderupper has his hands FULL now, because his arguments will NOT hold up in a Constitutional court of law! And HE has broken the law enough times that he SHOULD spend a LOT of years in prison for his acts of sedition. He has done his best to help his "messiah" erode the law of the USA, and that kind of act is considered sedition in ANY book! Not to mention the crimes he committed as an accomplice to MURDER!
  8. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

NOOB, WE have more military than THEY do because states controlled by liberals have been closing all their bases for YEARS! WE have the majority of the Tanks and Artillery, and the long range bombers, and the Ships, and even the boots on the ground! They will be sucking hind teat if they try to ride roughshod over us THIS time!
  9. Halmech

Halmech G&G Enthusiast

I am glad to see that Missouri and Kansas are headed in the right direction, Kansas has already got theirs passed and it looks like Missouri is almost there. I am sure there will be other states to follow. It saddens me to think that our 2nd Amendment Rights have to be protected in this manner, but hey, lets do what we need to do. I am disappointed with my state (Oklahoma) as I emailed my State Senator about Oklahoma's version of this Bill and was told that it wont happen this year, but it could be brought back up again next year. I do have high hopes because Oklahoma is a pretty Pro 2nd Amendment state.
  10. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

...........and Kentucky STILL has Fort Knox. Unless they have moved it, it is STILL the largest gold reserve in the country.
  11. AndrewA74

AndrewA74 G&G Regular

Let us not repeat the War of Yankee Aggression. The consequences of such a thing are so great that we do not fully comprehend. It wouldn't be pretty at all. But, if it must happen, let it be their doing!
    Andrew
  12. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

When the first battle of the Civil War started, the North treated it as a joke. The South was in it to win. It was a HUGE disaster for the North that day. When the Yanks got the idea. Their industrial might came into play and basically out-supplied us in the end. Being that the South was mostly agriculture.
  13. AndrewA74

AndrewA74 G&G Regular

I'm well aware of how the Civil War went, and how it played out. I had 4 of 5 Great Great Great Uncles (maybe add one more great) not come home from the war.

Lets not forget that the South's lack of industry and its crumbling economy, as well as slavery (which was the main reason Great Britain did not want to recognize the CSA), held the South back, dooming it for the war.

We did have better Military commanders than the North though. The turning point may have been Gettysburg. It was never the same after that battle.
    Andrew
  14. cabinnut

cabinnut G&G Enthusiast

Important to note that the division is NOT along class lines, as the Obamists would like it to be and as most "revolutions" require for ultimate success. They have picked the one wrong issue, one that unites Americans of all socio-economic classes and in fact reps from both parties. It may be rural vs. urban but less so than some believe.This is why it will not succeed and may in fact be the defining spark that brings about a return to true constitutionalism. Me hopes.
  15. yayamamasami

yayamamasami G&G Newbie

Almost all of us!
    ImageUploadedByGun and Game1367596728.384348.jpg
  16. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Fort Knox has been empty since clinton.
  17. ottawa rogue

ottawa rogue G&G Enthusiast

Good on Missouri!!! Hopefully it passes and more states join Ks. and Mo. on this bandwagon
  18. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

The more that join in passing similar legislation, the harder it will be for the federal government to stop or "nullify" the nullification laws.
  19. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I think we are fixing to nullify the feds pretty soon.
  20. blue fox

blue fox G&G Enthusiast

I agree Andrew but I think the opening salvos have already been fired and what you are seeing, at least in Ks and Mo, are the return shots