Charleton Hesston's Gun Room

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Yogi, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Yogi

Yogi G&G Newbie

Just got this e-mail. I know it's a MN site but most of my time is here. Any guesses as to the value?

Attached Files:

2. lagbolt1138

lagbolt1138 G&G Newbie

It's always nice to see a flame thrower in civilian hands (photo 3 on wall to the right).
  3. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

That's not the correct owner of that collection, but it's friggin' awesome either way!
  4. milproakron

milproakron G&G Newbie

If all those weapons have been de-militarized and are just hanging collectibles, its simple math. BUT, if they are all still in their original working order, that collection is probably priceless to some collectors.
  5. mosin warrior

mosin warrior G&G Newbie

I must say that is an impressive collection of firepower in that picture.
  6. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Someone there likes the full-auto stuff. I counted anyway four Ma Deuces, a Spandau, a Maxim, a water-cooled .30 Browning, half a dozen BARs, at least a couple of M2 Carbines, an M1 Thompson and a Reising Gun. Although I'm sure Charlton Heston could have afforded all that and more @ $200 per tax stamp and never missed it from petty cash, what proof do we have that this gun safe/panic room is really his?
  7. captsquirrel

captsquirrel G&G Newbie

I don't know who the true owner is but I like the fact there is a couch and chairs in there. It looks like a great place to just sit and relax.
  8. Espresso

Espresso G&G Newbie

I'd love to see da gub'mint come and try to take HIS cheese!
  9. Jersey Jailer

Jersey Jailer G&G Newbie

These are the pictures emailed out after his death. I believe the guns were willed to the NRA. I seem to recall an article in the NRA magazines, claimed they were all functional. He probably had a class III license for the machine guns. An old aquaintence of mine (Frank) used to bring SMG's to the range I worked at to "test" the guns. I got to shoot many of them, it was a blast. Frank got mad at the town he lived in ad mounted a twin 50 on his front lawn (Frank was eccentric, to say the least) The mount was fully funtional, the ma deuces were decommissioned as he called it, dummy sideplates, plugged barrel, phoney innards. The town went ballistic, but there was no ordinance about lawn ornaments. I heard that he moved to more gun friendly state sometime later.
  10. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

The pictures belong to the collection of the late Bruce E. Stern, who was heavily involved in the NRA. Many, if not all, of them were auctioned off to support the NRA.

Truly an awesome collection......
  11. I STALIN I

I STALIN I G&G Newbie

I would like just one BAR he has like 10....:sad2:
  12. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Yep, his not Charlton Heston's. But watch this turn into one of them Internet legends and it will always be Heston's.
  13. TheWanderingMind

TheWanderingMind G&G Newbie

Oh, it went for about $8 million... James D. Julia Auctions did the sale. You can look it up on line under the "Stern Collection."