Chinese tokarev 213 9x19 jamming

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by f4upilot, Aug 8, 2008.

1. f4upilot

f4upilot G&G Newbie

after 1 round, the next shell will jam in a 45dg angle. I have tried different ammo but all jam. Has anyone had bad mag problems with this pistol? I am a novice on this....any assistance greatly appreciated.
  2. vicv

vicv G&G Newbie

no experience. a friend of mine just bought one and waiting to get it in the mail. hope he doesn't have the same problem. good luck
  3. AnaxImperator

AnaxImperator G&G Newbie

What type of magazine does your 213 have? Does it have an spacer inside the magazine, or does the magazine well have a spacer?

Tokarevs have a 25mm magazine well due to them originally being designed for the 7.62x25mm cartridge. Some 9mm Tokarev-clones use a standard 7.62x25mm magazine (which a 9mm cartridge will fit), but have an internal spacer to keep the 9mm cartridge from shifting back & forth. Others have a spacer pinned into the mag well so that a narrower 9mm magazine can be used. My own 213 is this way.

Out of curiosity, I removed the mag well spacer in my 213 and tried using a standard 7.62x25 mag. Although the 9mm rounds would fit, after the first shot the next would jam as you describe due to the cartridges shifting from recoil.

If that is not the problem with your Norinco, then it could be an issue with the integral cartridge guides (the prongs attached to the hammer/sear assembly), or even a badly milled barrel/chamber/feed-ramp. But I highly doubt that.

If you could, it'd help if I could see clear detail pictures of your 213's internals.
  4. f4upilot

f4upilot G&G Newbie

Chinese tokarev jamming

Thanks for responding. I have the standard 7.62 mag with a spacer in it. I cleaned and oiled for smooth spring action to no avail. I now am going to try my hollow points and see what happens. Be right back.....got off 2 rounds of Hydro and then it jammed. This is my son's pistol and I know that it has not had a lot of rounds thru it.I read somewhere that working the slide manual for a whole bunch of times might improve or remove rough spots. Can that be correct?
  5. K75RT

K75RT G&G Enthusiast

You posted over on the pistol caliber carbines where I answered, here it is copied.
    The 213 is designed to shoot ball ammo only. Are you trying to have it feed hollow point ammo? Are your mags for the 9mm not the 7.62? Take a look at this link,http://www.buymilsurp.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=page&id=12&chapter=0 , you'll see that the part "J" which is listed as the hammer assembly. This is your magazines feed lip, the magazine merely feeds the forward part of the assembly, therefore you cannot adjust the lips as on other mags as the lips are on the hammer assembly. Check to see if your magazines are correctly assembled. Here is a decent link to show the workings of the TT, http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/tokarev213.htm
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Good article K75RT, thanks !!
  7. f4upilot

f4upilot G&G Newbie

Chinese tokarev jamming

Took pistol to a gunsmith..he said definitely a magazine problem..thought the magazine could be bent at the top so the guides could keep the shells from being forced into a 45% position. Has anyone done this to stop jamming?