CMMG M-4 Lookalike in .22 WMR!!

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by big shrek, Dec 3, 2010.

1. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

Ok, just saw one of these little rascals...

Basically, they've made a .22Magnum upper with a 16.5" barrel on an AR frame
    10 round standard mag
    35 round optional Hi-Cap
    Standard M-4/AR parts work on it...so pimpability is as usual.

If this works...it'll give a lot of us SERIOUS semi-auto option in .22 Magnum :D
    YAY!!

As testing progresses, I hope to hear more!!
  2. Aaron88

Aaron88 G&G Newbie

That sounds like a great idea and because its a rimfire we can get them here in cali. But why is there no guns being made in semi automatic in the 22 magnum and everything is in 22 LR? wouldnt it make a good self defense weapon for in a house?
  3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

With .22 Magnum ammo running $.25 a round, and .223 ammo running as low as .$28 to .$35 a round, how is this a good thing?

You would have to shoot a minimum of 7000 rounds of .22 WMR ammo to break even on the cost of the AR in this caliber, assuming a $500 price tag for the upper.
  4. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

Because in several states, you can't use centerfire to hunt certain critters.
    Heck, if Cali has it's way, we'ed be lucky to get Rimfires...
    Get caught with a centerfire hunting Raccoon or Opossum in some places, you get a hefty fine.

In several Countries, civilians may ONLY own Rimfires...like England. AR-15 in .223 is totally illegal there.

But, some of us just love the heck outta .22 WMR :D
    That's why I have a Grendel R-31...which is also discontinued as all heck.
    Mags run around $100 each...which kinda sucks, eh?

It's why I've got a PMR-30 paid off & awaiting arrival...still...lol

And probably the most precise rifle I've ever owned is a Marlin 25MN in .22WMR :)
    The thing shoots better & farther than most folks give credit to .22-magnum!
    Thusfar I've beaten every .17 shooter I've come up against at the range with it, at all distances.
    What it does to 'yotes at up to 100-150 yards surprised a lot of folks.
    That's a seriously useful round, any way ya slice it.

And it's a heck of a lot quieter than .223 :D

Of course, my Wifey wants a Hello-Kitty Pink AR-15...but that's another gag-me-with-a-spoon thing...LOL
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I love the 22 Mag !! Just an all around "get it done" cartridge.
  6. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Enthusiast

It's flippinastic is what it is! Because, the management areas around here are rimfire only for small game, Bow and muzzle-loader only for deer, but they are overrun with feral swine, and those are legal to take with any weapon approved for the management area for the season you are in. SO, rapid-fire .22mag for the win! Lots of hunters take'm but they all have 10rd marlins, 100rd drum, here I come!

I joke, but only a little. I want one, but I'm sure anything that looks like an M4 that works like an AR will be WAY out of my hog hunting budget.

I'd much rather see a .22mag conversion for an AR, making the rifle more than just single purpose, but you know, I'm dreaming.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010