Companion Handgun for your SKS or AK/47? Revolver in 7.62x39....

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by Rex_Lee, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Rex_Lee

Rex_Lee G&G Newbie

2. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

By the way the spent cases shoulders look, it must have improved chambers.I'd shoot it!
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. DWFan

DWFan G&G Enthusiast

It would almost have to have "improved" chambers to avoid set-back issues. The question then becomes how many times can you reload the case before overworking the brass and weakening it?...or do 7.62x39mm Improved dies exist?
  4. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

looks pretty interesting. With improved chambers the brass tends to stretch less and require less trimming, or at least that was the claim by P.O. Ackley. And any dies can be made for the right price.
  5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

So this revolver seems to be a one of a kind pistol. I have to admit I'm somewhat bemused by the long barrel on it. The Nagant revolver uses a cartridge nearly as long (7.62x38 versus 7.62x39), but the barrel is only around 4 inches and the cylinder is nowhere near that big.

Interesting concept gun, but it seems sort of impractical even for a survival pistol meant to be compatible with a 7.62 ComBloc rifle. In my opinion, you'd be better off with a Circuit Judge as your longarm and a 4 inch barreled Taurus revolver (I think they call it the Tracker?) that was sort of the precursor to the Judge pistol line, both chambered for .45 Colt (aka .45 Long Colt, as I grew up hearing it) and .410 shotshells.
  6. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I wish they had a field report.By the way the shoulders are screwed up,I can't believe it works any more than any other bottlrneck cartridge in a revolver.Hope someone can get the real poop on it.
  7. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

If they don't, CH-4D tool and die in Mount Vernon Ohio can most likely make some for you. Google them first, but mostly just send them either a fired case or chamber cast and tell them what you want.
  8. don5544

don5544 G&G Regular

Rifle cartridge will rifle powder doesn't generally do well in a short barrel.

I would say a 357 mag revolver would have better performance in a smaller package.