Condor Knife and Tool Review

Discussion in 'Knives/Cutlery' started by BarryHalls, Mar 30, 2012.

1. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Enthusiast

I've had a Condor machete for a while, sharp as the devil's tongue! Love the thing, but recently it broke. So I contacted their sales dept. and they asked for a picture of the broken blade along with length. In a few days they had shipped me a replacement. I got it in a few days ago, and it's sharper than the last one! Cut myself on it (pretty good too!) before I got it out of the packaging! (well, that's out of the way!)

Attached are pictures of both.

The replacement is more handsome than the original!

I have to say, I couldn't be happier with their product or service!

Attached Files:

2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Dang Good

BarryHalls: Sir, that is both:) a nice machete with customer service :)
  3. Inazone

Inazone G&G Regular

I ordered one of their Rodan knives that I'm eagerly awaiting, and while I have no doubts about the quality based on so many positive reviews, it's also encouraging to hear of good customer service experiences.
  4. BarryHalls

Their service COULD have been more prompt, but only a little. I got my new machete with no hassle or expense. I couldn't be happier.
  5. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

BarryHalls: Sir, forgot to ask. How did you break it
  6. BarryHalls

I didn't, lol. My friend, who had given me the machete as a Christmas gift, broke it clean in two, without warning, while using it to cut fire wood (probably a heavy application for the blade to start with). I also suspect that they there must have been some manufacturing defect, some micro fracture as a result of a heat treating mistake or flaw in the steel manufacture.

The blade has seen some use though, and has been a good one. Unless this one breaks in the same way in the next 5 years, I'll continue to give the company my support.

It has been so much easier to use and so much more effective than any other machete I have used I may continue to use them even if I continue to break them!
  7. Lightweight

Lightweight G&G Enthusiast

They seem to have a good variety of products ('cause you can never have too many slashy/stabby things) and I need to replace a lost Cold Steel Bushman. Their Golok Knife has my interest currently, I think they will be getting my business :)
  8. BarryHalls

For a quality chopper, you'll have trouble finding one better. Their bush knives are awesome. They look funny, but work very well.