Cow Dung and Radiation Sickness...whats that smell?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Sniper[MI], Jan 13, 2003.

1. Sniper[MI]

Sniper[MI] G&G Newbie

Howdy,

I have no words to describe this, save to say that I wish I could figure out a way to get people to do something this assinine and keep a strait face.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hindu group recommends cow dung against nuclear fallout

A Hindu nationalist organisation is urging people in India to smear themselves in cow dung in the event of nuclear war.

They claim it will protect against radiation burns.

The Uttar Pradesh Cow Protection Commission also recommends daubing buildings in cow dung to protect them against nuclear fallout.

Navyug newspaper reports the commission has come out with the advice as tensions continue with nuclear neighbour Pakistan.

Its normal mission is to prevent the slaughter of the, mother cow, gaumata, which Hindus regard as holy and promotion of cow products like urine and dung for their 'medicinal properties'.

Radheshyam Gupta, a spokesman for the commission, said: "Even if the enemy carries out the threat to bomb us with nukes we don't have to panic. You can fully protect yourselves by covering the roof with cow dung.

"Applying cow dung paste to the body from head to toe will serve as an extra shield."

The commission was set up with the backing of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a powerful Hindu nationalist organisation. It supports the Bharata Janata Party (BJP), India's main political party.

Story filed: 14:58 Monday 24th June 2002
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only imagine what 50 million Hindu's smeard with dung could do to the already rank odor in urbanized India........
  2. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

So they really will get "their SHIITE blown away"! :p