coyotes in nc.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by nc.hunter, Nov 6, 2007.

1. nc.hunter

nc.hunter G&G Newbie

Hello, hope everybody is having good luck, I really want to get out there hunting coyotes so does anyone know of a good place to hunt coyote in north carolina or what county to hunt in,thanks alot.
  2. damage855

damage855 G&G Newbie

you are in some of the best Kioti contry around in NC. find a farmer with a good bit of land get his permission and start blasting them away. all you need is a rifle or shotgun and rabbit distress call. that will get you started you can get fancy with decoys and stuff but most of the time I just set up on a hill top give a few calls and watch the wood line. give it a hour or so at one location then go to another if no luck. also next time you go deer hunting save the parts you field dress out and ussaly through away. but that nasty stuff some where kioti will find it early in the morning and you can get a few easly that way. just used that tactic and got 4 monday morning. happy hunting.
  3. nfmMike

nfmMike G&G Newbie

nc.hunter -you having any luck? I had no idea there was any workable population of yotes in NC. I am right accross the line from you in High Point.
  4. gwrider

gwrider G&G Newbie

nchunter/damage855
    I'm in marion nc. we have a lot of them. finding a farmer to let you hunt is pretty hard though
  5. 7mmremmag1995

7mmremmag1995 G&G Newbie

your back porch maybe
  6. fishnfool1991

fishnfool1991 G&G Newbie

tonssssss over here in montgomery county i just sit in my deer stand and call them with a cotton tail in distress call just send me a private message if you wanna get together.
    Garrett
  7. damage855

damage855 G&G Newbie

gwrider if you go toward lenoir you will not have any trouble finding farmers to let you hunt they had alot of trouble last year with calves being killed. I went to two farmers and got permission and after a little success had several calling me to hunt there fields go ask around if you cant find one PM me Ill call some of my farmering buddies and give them your info.
  8. A-10

A-10 G&G Newbie

Until yesterday, I had no idea that coyotes were even in NC.
  9. damage855

damage855 G&G Newbie

Where you at A-10. we are eat up with em around here.
  10. 7mmremmag1995

7mmremmag1995 G&G Newbie

apparantly in his own little world inside n.c.
  11. Seven©

Seven© G&G Newbie

I'm in Burke County. Getting to the nuisance line. They've been spotted at my kid's elementary school during daylight hours.
  12. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Well,dont be sending them to school!!! They're smart enough now!!! sam.
  13. tcwildcat7mm

tcwildcat7mm G&G Newbie

Im in Hillsborough, orange county. Ive heard of a few out here closer to Caswell. Any of you guys want a new huntin buddy i'd love to tag a few yotes!
  14. damage855

damage855 G&G Newbie

Hi Sevenc I am from Catawba Know any good hunting spots up your way?
  15. Seven©

Seven© G&G Newbie

My back porch. Seriously.

I know several spots in Burke and Caldwell I have the landowners' permission to shoot on. If you're off one day, shoot me a pm. Maybe we can plan a trip.
  16. frozentorso

frozentorso G&G Newbie

COYOTES ARE EVERYWHERE!
  17. forestgleaner

forestgleaner G&G Newbie

Sam, don't worry, the coyotes won't get past 4th grade, they aren't any good at algabra. Oh wait, Sam what grade did you get too? lol, only kidding sam
  18. gotaloveshoot'n

gotaloveshoot'n G&G Newbie

i know this is an older thread but i'm in the burlington area and looking to try coyote huning. i know deer season is about to start, but if not now maybe in the new year... anyone still know where/who to ask about hunting on their land? anyone already going who does not mind a tag-along? thanks
  19. ander254

ander254 G&G Newbie

never thought about coyotes in NC until reading this thread. While visiting the folks this weekend, one of them mentioned seeing two coyotes within 30 yards of his house the other day. Then another mentioned his herd was being circled by two about a week or two ago. This is about 40 minutes west of Winston-Salem.
  20. TikkaTakDriver

TikkaTakDriver G&G Newbie

Here in Wayne county I know they are present(as it is said they are in every corner of the country, weather you see them or not). In the past week I drove by a dead one on hwy 70 that looked very healthy and fat. Also on the land I hunt there has been one sighting that I know of. I killed a doe last saturday and checked out the gut pile about 24 hours later to see what was left. It was gone, everything. I'm sure buzzards and foxes could have cleaned up the mess but that is alot of food to be gone in 24 hours!