Dad Had Surgery Today:

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TNPIRATE, Dec 7, 2011.

1. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Landlubber Pirate Forum Contributor

Was able to get on G&G for the first time today. Had to go with my folks to Chatanooga today. My dad had to have out patient surgery on his ear. The docs don't know if he is going to lose all his hearing or not as of yet. When he was getting checked out to leave he wasn't feeling that good. The knock drugs were making him feel dizzy. The doc had to go in his ear deeper than they had expected. My mom couldn't drive back from Chatanooga so that is why I went, so I could drive them back. When we were leaving the hospital dad got the dry heaves from the knock out drugs. So it has been a long day.
  2. rob g

rob g G&G Regular

tinpriate we will pray for your dads speedy recovery and hope that he doesnt loose his hearing
    rob
  3. ALR

ALR ][][][% Forum Contributor

Hope he recovers fully and speedily!
    Prayers to the Great Healer on the way!
    Thanks for being there for them.
  4. chesterwin

chesterwin Super Moderator

Prayer said for your dad. Inner ear problems become more prevalent with age.
  5. TNPIRATE

Thanks everyone, all prayers accepted. My dad is 76. In my life time I have only seen him cry 2 times. The first time was when his brother passed away, and the 2nd was when my first wife passed. As far as I am concerned when I was growing up my dad could walk on water. Everything that needed to be done (fixed, built, or someone to lean on, and supporting his family) he was always there. In my whole life I have never seen my dad crawl or back down from anyone. My dad is getting older and he can't do all the hard work that he used to do. And along with all that and holding down a full time job, he would be at church Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wed nights, along with visiting everyone that needed visiting at church. You see my dad is a retired Pastor. Today it was hard seeing my dad in that hospital bed. Again I Thank everyone for your prayers.
  6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

We shall lift prayers up to our Lord, in his behalf.
  7. ALR

ALR ][][][% Forum Contributor

Blessings for him, your mother, and any family----- and you,-----------------PK!
    God takes care of His servants.
    We lift him up in prayer to the Lord.
    Keep us updated!
  8. jerry

jerry G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Thoughts and prayers with you
  9. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

God bless him and you and your family.

JJ
  10. TNPIRATE

I sure will.
  11. Deersniper

Deersniper G&G Newbie

Prayers and angels sent your way.
    May God surround you with his love.
  12. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

TNP, I hope all goes well with your Dad, and he recovers his hearing. And we all know that our Good Lord takes care of His fold, so our prayers will be answered. Being hearing impaired from the age of nineteen, I will say that it's difficult to deal with, especially if you have to work with lots of folks! I pray that your Dad gets well, so he can continue his good work. God Bless, and let Him take the helm.
  13. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Prayers

TNPIRATE: Sir, we pray four your father, mother, you, family and friends. Your father sounds like the man God wants from all
    Share with your dad exactly how proud, how you love him, how you admire his walk with our Lord. Do it now, showing the man, how he has raised this man
    May God continue blessing you, your family and friends. Thank you for sharing
  14. TNPIRATE

Thanks neophyte. I did that about 2 years ago or so. I'm the type that kind of bends and tweeks the rules. When I was driving I took my dad with me for 2 weeks on the road. That was the longest time that dad and I have ever spent together at one time. Neither one of us could escape LOL.. According to company rules he wasn't suppose to be on the truck. But I know he had fun. Took him to see the places he had not seen in his travels. Of course I got all the sermons again, and I told him that I do believe in God, and that I believe that there is way more out there than what we as humans can imagine. I told my dad that I believe that it goes way beyond the Bible. I can say for that 2 weeks we had a lot of fun. Growing up I got to see what my dad did for a living. That was the first time dad got to see what I did. I did have to do a lot of apologizing, I could see that dad was getting paterb with my verbal abuse of the 4 wheelers on the road. But there were those instances when dad would make comments toward the 4 wheelers, stuff like "that was stupid of them", where I was going into a ballistic tie raid. All in all it was a fun 2 weeks. I think the hardest part for dad to deal with was my dog. I have a little Jack Russell Terroist that I have had since he was 8 weeks old raised on the truck. Well my dog is spoiled rotton. I would be dealing with a load and dad would grab the leash and take my dog for walks. Thanks again to everyone for your prayers.
  15. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Just now seeing this. Prayers sent for all who love him!
  16. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Prayers sent.
  17. TheLastMountain

TheLastMountain G&G Enthusiast

18. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Enthusiast

Prayers sent..Usually, the doctor will administer a drug to combat the nausea effects of the anesthesia. I've had 15 surgeries and only got sick once... Dad's are tough, aren't they?? I saw my dad cry twice, once when my grandmother died, and once when my mom was in the hospital for surgery for breast cancer.Even when he was told he was dying, he only shed a small tear.. I hope I die as well as he did.... Prayers sent for a full and complete recovery buddy...
  19. flyingbrkracing

flyingbrkracing G&G Newbie

Prayers sent for you and your family,God bless.

P.S.,I know what you mean about the 4 wheelers!though I try not to,they inspire some colorful tirades from me as well.
  20. White Rook

White Rook G&G Enthusiast

Prayers sent for you and yours.