desert eagle carbine

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by NOMAC, Jan 23, 2009.

1. NOMAC

NOMAC G&G Newbie

hello everyone I am new to the forum but here goes my problem, I am not what you call normal by any means, I work at a local gun shop and my everyday carry gun is a desert eagle .50 action express. I have a six inch and a ten inch barrel, and I had the ten inch barrel sent out to on of the freinds of the shop and he treaded the end of the 10 inch barrel and made me a custom 8 and a half inch suppressor out of solid titanium. it is awesome and i was just wandering if anyone has see the stocks made for them I have only seen a few pictures and would love to have my desert eagle as a carbine. please any help would be muchly appreciated.
  2. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Newbie

Never heard of a shoulder stock for the Desert Eagle 50 AE. If anyone grabs a picture of one I would love to see it.
  3. Rimjob

Rimjob G&G Newbie

Can you get us some of those pics?

I know with the glocks, the shoulder stock is a function of the magazine.

Webshots - Full Size Photo
  4. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

you carry a desert eagle?????? well whatever, ummm i dont know of any shoulder stocks
  5. eagle eye

eagle eye G&G Newbie

The sight of that beast will make most criminals stop what they're doing :p.
  6. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Newbie

haha, yeah. That thing is a monster. I like how you can feel the gun try to twist out of your hand from the bullet grabbing the rifling as it screams down the barrel. Seeing one of those from the wrong end would definitely be a show stopper. If you were using it as a carry you would have to name it "The Fecalator." (Anyone who has seen Dogma will know why.)
  7. musicmaniac

musicmaniac G&G Newbie

Never heard of a Desert Eagle Carbine, BUT, if you type "desert eagle carbine" in Google this thread is the first thing to pop up lleading me to believe that THIS thread is the only thing on the internet with those words in that order. I don't think there is a desert eagle carbine made. If you work at a gun shop though, maybe one of the 'smiths could work something out for you?
  8. lowercase

lowercase G&G Newbie

LOL. I have one and can barely hold on to the thing because I have small hands. I can't imagine trying to carry a 72.5 ounce (unloaded) handgun.
  9. DANA

DANA G&G Newbie

If you want a .50AE carbine you can get a AR - 15 upper in .50AE.

DANA
  10. NOMAC

NOMAC G&G Newbie

HAHA I know all about the best like I said i carry it everyday and shoot the hell out of it. It is by far my favorite handgun of all time and here is a picture of my gun and can. ENJOY!!!

Attached Files:

11. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

im thinking any gun would do that pretty much
  12. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

I've seen a picture of a DE carbine made in Europe. Be sure teh extension is permanently attached, otherwise it isn't legal. The barrel can be removeable, but the expension on the barrel must be fixed to the barrel by one of several permanent methods defined by BATFE.
  13. NOMAC

NOMAC G&G Newbie

Yes I am well aware of that it would have to be perm. attached I would have to get it welded to the barrel or just register it as an SPR.
  14. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

Keep eating steaks & drinking lotsa milk so yer bones & muscles will grow :D

Size Matters when you are dealing with large caliber handguns...:scool:
  15. GarrettJ

GarrettJ G&G Newbie

Resurrecting an old thread here. How about a range report of how the suppressed Desert Eagle does? I ask because I'm in the process of doing the same thing with a .44 DE using a .45 subgun can.
    I assume you are handloading subsonic ammo. Have you had any problems getting the gun to cycle with subsonics, and if so what have you done to overcome this?
    Currently, I have worked up a couple of loads in the .44 that are subsonic that will still cycle the action. They both use 300 grain bullets. I have not been able to get anything in the 240 grain range to cycle and stay below the sound barrier.
    Do you get a lot of noise from the gas port under the barrel when the gun cycles?
    Where did you get your barrel threaded, and were there any issues getting this done?
    FWIW, here's a mockup of what it should look like. I'm planning on having the 10" barrel chopped and threaded just in front of the gas port area. It's already going to be a huge sucker. No need to go any longer than I need to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  16. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Regular

If you carry every day, how do you do it? I traded my .44 mag Desert Eagle because i couldn't find a comfortable way to carry it.