Do you live in the Constitution Free Zone?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by kejo, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kejo

kejo G&G Newbie

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Somebody get him a big tin-foil hat, please. :)
  3. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

The name the ACLU has pinned on the problem is exaggerated, but the problem is very real.

In the name of national security, the Border Patrol claims that as part of the Department of Homeland Security, they have the right to stop, detain and search anyone within a "reasonable distance" of the border, for any reason whatsoever or none at all.

They've decided 100 miles is a reasonable distance. Methinks they're getting too big for their britches, and need to be reminded this is still the USA.

They have their own equivalent of the air travelers list, and it makes about as much sense; God help you if you're on it. The guy in the video says he gets detained, handcuffed and given a full strip and body cavity search every time he visits Mexico and tries to return.
  4. FortyXDM

FortyXDM Super Moderator

Should be watched to see if there will be any violations of authority.
    Tom
  5. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

Holy Crap,I'm in that zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm just glad that I look just like your average white guy.
  6. Nicky the Great

Nicky the Great G&G Newbie

What the F*&%!

I live in Chicago, which definitely more than 100 miles from the border, but I'm in the new Fascism Zone because they consider the Lake Michigan shores to be an international border...

This is B.S.
  7. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I wonder how long it's going to be before the gummint renews its push for a national identity card and we start hearing "Ausweis, bitte" any time we want to go and get a quart of milk?
  8. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

The ACLU is a problem in and of itself. JMHO of course.
  9. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

And that would be different how, from already being unable to travel freely without a state ID or license?

A cop once explained it to me this way: "no, the law doesn't say you have to carry identification, or show it to me. But it does say I can take you in and detain you while we ascertain who you are, and whether you have any warrants. So what's it going to be?"

Being young and totally p.o.'ed at the time (long story), I told him, "you know what? I don't have anything important on my schedule right now; take me in." Before we were done, we had several cars and uniforms around. Including one of his superiors...who pulled me to one side and asked, "son, have I done or said anything to tee you off tonight? No? In that case, will you show me your ID?"

Having had time to calm down a little and start feeling a little foolish, I showed him my license. He glanced at it, handed it back, and announced, "he's clean, boys. Lets move it; you all have other things to do."
  10. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

I must say Troy that since I became a member,I have read a lot of your post and find that I (without even knowing you)I have a lot of respect for you and your contributions to this forum.Sometimes when I read something
    that makes my blood boil,and start to make a comment,I read your response to the post,and think,man this guy has really got a good head on his shoulders.I realize this is a little off topic,but found this as a good time to comment.
    Jason:)
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  11. White Rook

White Rook G&G Enthusiast

+1
  12. rl69

rl69 G&G Enthusiast

T.W.I.C. all worker working abound a unsecured port or required to have a transportation workers identification card basically a 250 dollar Federal background check
  13. tlarkin

tlarkin Suspended

Right away! here ya go!!!

[​IMG]
  14. Brother Bob

"The guy in the video says he gets detained, handcuffed and given a full strip and body cavity search every time he visits Mexico and tries to return."

Gawd, I just might enjoy that........ [​IMG]
  15. cremley

cremley G&G Newbie

Colorado, with all the pot smoking libtards -_-
    I am in this zone too I guess. It may be a conspiracy but it doesn't change the facts that the government and its agencies have gotten too much power in the last decade. I live about 30-50 miles north of the border of Mexico and I do see border patrol cars and trucks pulling people over on the highways and local streets as if they were traffic cops. I don't know what they are looking for or why they are pulling people over but I do know it does happen.
  16. cremley

cremley G&G Newbie

Colorado, with all the pot smoking libtards -_-
    :crazy::261::throwup::throwup::throwup::throwup::throwup::throwup::throwup::lmao:
  17. Brother Bob

Relax buddy! I was just kidding. But you gotta wonder about the guy that keeps going down there. I'd either find a different supplier or use Fed-Ex Ground.
  18. skiking

skiking G&G Newbie

I was surprised that Shelby, MT was on that map since it is such a big metropolitan area.
  19. Rimjob

Rimjob G&G Newbie

I'm no where near the border and sure as anything I know that if I travel through Alabaster on a Saturday morning they are going to stop me (at some intersection) and demand all my information and generally ask EVERYONE to search their car. Usually they won't press it if you say no, but it seems odd.. like I left home and ended up in west berlin a few decades back.. Seems strange to say the least. I pretty much know a lot of the officers there now, so they sometimes don't even bother to look at my insurance card; nevertheless, I don't like it. Seems wrong..
  20. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

It is the price we pay to keep our nation alien and drug free, LOL !!