Double Hook or Single Hook Trigger Group?

Discussion in 'AK47' started by Ten Man, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

Well, I'm about to order parts to convert SAIGA 7.62x39 to AK47, basically "de-sporterizing" it, so have to do the 922R thing.

Looking at all the parts available, the American trigger kits (FCG) come Double Hook or Single Hook.

What's the difference in function?

Which one should I get, and why?:dunno:

Thanks.
  2. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Enthusiast

I've only used a single hook, so I can't say for the double. However, I see no advantage of the double over the single. I'd just buy the cheapest one.
  3. hemingway89

hemingway89 G&G Enthusiast

i was wondering the same thing ten man !
  4. jmeck

jmeck Scope mount mfgr. Forum Contributor

If you use a double hook trigger you will have to file a groove on the bottom of your receiver for the other hook to pivot in. Saiga rifles come from the factory with a single hook.
    Filing a slot on the receiver bottom is not hard to do, I used a 3/16 flat file and a small round file to make it match the other slot. It only took a few minutes to do.
    On my Saiga conversion I went with a double hook trigger, it feels a little smoother and crisper on the brake than the Romy I build a few years ago using a single hook trigger. I used Tapco triggers in both rifles and both work well. I'm used to Mosin Nagant triggers so just about any thing else feels like a good trigger to me :wink1:.
  5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

Thank you.

That is the information I was seeking.

I am quite happy with the action of the SAIGA from the factory. If a Single Hook Trigger from TAPCO feels about the same, that will be just fine.

Are there any other advantages to the Double Hook Trigger?
  6. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Enthusiast

They're probably a bit more robust because of the extra engagement. My Yugos all have double hook triggers but to be honest I really can't tell much difference between the way they feel compared to the single hook on my Saigas. Personally I would stick to the single hook design that the rifle came with originally. :)
  7. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Both my Maks came with double hook triggers and my Wasr came with a single hook. the Maks are smoother but both of the triggers have been changed out to make them 922r compliant after I customized them . I think they did a write up on AK47 World on the differences.
  8. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Enthusiast

I'm looking for a double hook, 2 stage trigger, JUST the trigger. Closest thing is the K-VAR single hook 2 stage that only comes in complete FCG, that I have misplaced around here somewhere.