Early Goose Seasons?

Discussion in 'Wingshooting' started by Outhunting, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Outhunting

Outhunting G&G Newbie

Anybody have an early goose season starting up in the next month or two? We have a 15 day season here starting September 1st, it opens up the same day as dove season and it's how we normally get the season started...with a bang! :killemall:
  2. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

you betcha! September first here in Ohio too. i can't wait. I'm just thinkin I better be able to get off work. I did last year and it was well worth it. Ive been seein em at the golf course all the time and just can't wait for sept. 1 to put a hurtin on em.
  3. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

well this thread got me motivated the other day and i dug my calls out...been practicin away on my zink power clucker. i love that call definitely the best i have ever used. anyways. only little over a month til season! can't believe its already almost the end of july...
  4. Outhunting

Outhunting G&G Newbie

I had the power clucker for a while too. It was easy to blow but I couldn't get it to sound deep enough so I ended up selling it. It's a good call and I had pretty good luck with it, I just ended up going back to my Foiles.
  5. Earl Easter

Earl Easter G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Good luck fellas and we sure would like to see some picture iffin ya'll want to make a bunch of old guys happy.....LOL...Good Luck.....
  6. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

Hmm I really like it but I'm not all that experienced...this coming year is going to be my 4th duck and goose hunting. But last year was my most successful goose hunting and I was using the PC all year. I love it. Now i just gotta find a duck call i really like.
  7. gopher

gopher G&G Newbie

goose season

opens september here, i see lots of ducks and geese here now
  8. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Opens Sept. 1st here in Wisconsin. Loads of birds (flying rats) in the area so it should be a great season.
  9. Outhunting

Outhunting G&G Newbie

Can't go wrong with a Haydel's duck call, they sound really ducky and are easy to operate.
  10. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

I have tried the DR-85? i think. forget the exact model but it wasn't bad...especially for the price. my little brother actually uses it but i have just messed around with it a bit. im really leaning towards a zink ph2
  11. terryknight

terryknight G&G Newbie

I need to figure out when the resident season opens and get my license and get the calls out.
  12. terryknight

terryknight G&G Newbie

Just got my license and resident goose season starts the 1st of Sept
  13. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Enthusiast

ditto. I know where I'm going to blow them away!
  14. keymasr5912

keymasr5912 G&G Newbie

sept 1 around here for all waterfoul
  15. HuntingwithKids

HuntingwithKids G&G Newbie

New Jersey has a 30 day resident goose season starting Sept 1. Unpluged semi-auto's and electric, amplified calls are permitted. I have been running my Lab every day at the park, 3 200 yard (each way) marked retrieves. My 11-87 12 gauge will be home froma strip and clean on Monday. Any favorite non-toxic loads? I have never tried Hevishot...
  16. HuntingwithKids

HuntingwithKids G&G Newbie

Looking for another goose/duck hunter in New Jersey or New York. I will share expenses and my AKC Master Hunter Lab will pick up geese all day. PM me if interested.

David Bershtein
    www.huntingwithdaughters.com
  17. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

If only i lived in New York....lol. All the geese around here seem to have disappeared. i don't even know if I'll be goose hunting tomorrow...its very disappointing.
  18. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Enthusiast

Welp, today is the first day of my goos season. I'm gonna go out this saturday and bag me a few, I'll report back with pics!
  19. Pyro01

Pyro01 G&G Newbie

Got out today around Menomonie, WI doing some goose hunting, saw a ton of ducks and cranes. Only 3 geese though, I don't have any decoys, so when i heard them as I was walking back to my car, I spun around and ducked into the grass, and started clucking at em'. The got pretty close, but just out of range because they probably saw me. They weren't close enough to take them, but at least I saw something. I need to get some goose decoys as I have none right now, any recommendations for hunting geese with no decoys or very little. As of right now, my plan is to just get the wind at my back and wait for geese to fly in, try to call them close enough to take a shot.

Other than geese hunting, I got two mourning doves on opener. Depending on the weather tomorrow, it'll either be doves or geese.
  20. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

I don't know how well goose hunting would work without decoys. I would say your best bet would be to find some sitting somewhere and try to jump hunt them. That would be my choice without decoys. Still hard to do but if your sneaky enough you get a good chance sometimes