Even more Mora 711 sheath mods

Discussion in 'Knives/Cutlery' started by OneHitWonder, Apr 1, 2012.

1. OneHitWonder

OneHitWonder G&G Newbie

First of all let me say I am a new fan of Mora. These babies can cut. No serations needed. Probally the sharpest knife you will ever own. The scandi grind is a woodworking beaver. The fine Swedish steel can hold an edge. IMO everyone should own at least one, with the price of $12 for an 711, some more, some less, it is no burden to a knife user.

Second, modding sheaths is a common theme among the Mora fans. So here is my mods for a long high-country packing trip. Or the EDC bag.

The swiveling belt loop the new Mora 900 series is a nice improvment over the older small thin non-swiveling loop of the 711. Just so happens the loop from the new sheaths will attach to the 711 sheath as intended for stacking two knives on special sheaths.

711 mods sm 1.jpg

711 mods sm 2.jpg

711 mods sm 3.jpg

711 mods sm 4.jpg

Yellow cord for hanging from neck. Mag block and firesteel ,loop tied to sheath. Photon type LED light with neck cord, loop locked on sheath. A diamond sharpening rod. Several ranger bands to keep it all tight. Optional velcro Crocs attachment for belt loops and no belt or pack straps.
  2. OneHitWonder

OneHitWonder G&G Newbie

My favorite woods knife ,,,,, for now.

711 mods sm 5.jpg
  3. rando

rando G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I bought two of the Mora,s from sportsman guide I believe last summer. They are excellent knives for fishing and filleting smaller fish also. I got a deal on a two pack.
  4. thrillbilly

thrillbilly G&G Evangelist

Moras are almost impossible to beat in the Value/Quality department. I have a Classic #1...sharpest knife from the box I have ever seen.

Great wood-working/carving knife...altho I like to have a much heavier/sturdier blade as a Outdoor knife. Moras are good to bring along tho, great for small tasks and weigh almost nothing.