FEG PA-63 recoil vs. Polish P-64: new springs.

Discussion in 'Makarov' started by Laufer, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Laufer

Laufer G&G Enthusiast

Are they very similar with the original springs? I've tried out an actual Russian Makarov, only in 9x18, but might prefer the smaller dimensions of these other guns using the same Mak. ammo (or the slim Bersa Thunder in .380).

Of the two using 9x18, I've only had a chance to try out the P-64.

Having read that new springs can reduce the heavy DA pull on the 64, maybe limit the recoil's snap, can one also buy low-cost springs which noticeably improve the DA and recoil in the Hungarian FEG?
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Enthusiast

Midway sells the spring kit for the PA-63 and I highly recommend it. It really made a difference on the heavy double action trigger pull. As far as recoil goes, that is with the round itself. I have fired the PA 63 in .380 and 9X18. The Mak round snaps more as it is a bit more powerful. I have not changed recoil springs, just the hammer spring. VERY easy to do. If you change the recoil spring, be sure that the weapon is reliable with every brand of ammo you most likely will shoot in it, especially self defense ammo. Reliability is key for that.
  3. PushPuller

PushPuller G&G Newbie

Aftermarket recoil and hammer springs are a must with the PA-63. The recoil is a little bit snappy but I don't mind it, and I have boney hands!

My PA-63 has shot every ammo iv tried in it very well. Nice little pistol for the price to be honest! Its not a Bersa or a Walther but it is a nice little dresser drawer, conceal carry gun for the money. Hell mine shoots 3" patterns at 15 yards with a sandbag.