Feral Hog in Southern NM

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JohnBlaze, Mar 25, 2009.

1. JohnBlaze

JohnBlaze G&G Newbie

Anyone have any good spots they like to hunt around Artesia, Roswell, or Carlsbad?>

I used to hunt north of Roswell but the guy who owned the farm sold it to some California guy, and he don't want to let anyone hunt his land. Give him a couple of years of the hogs tearing up his fields and I'm sure he'll change his tune.

I moved to Carlsbad about 2 1/2 years ago now, and I'm been hunting hogs out here, but they're harder to find. Anyone have any good spots?

The most success I've had is the Delaware, by the state line. I've also heard about a spot north of Carlsbad by Brantley Lake, but not sure right now how much of that is BLM and how much is private.

Be glad to hear your suggestions, and if anyone has hog pics, post em!
  2. cremley

cremley G&G Newbie

Colorado, with all the pot smoking libtards -_-
    I thought someone would have responded by now. Sorry I don't have a clue where you would be able to hunt those hogs in that area. Maybe you could ask in the texas forums and there may be more members there that will help you out.
  3. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

Did anyone watch the Monster T.V. show on the Discovery channel ? I think it comes on the Discovery channel or Maybe the History Channel. Don't remember but anyway Wild Hogs population has exploded to the point of epidmic.

Soon you'll prolly will be shooting them in your back yard. In some states, Seriously. lol
  4. snuffysmith

snuffysmith G&G Newbie

I was down in central FL near lake Okachobee(sp) about six years ago and my BIL was telling me the hog problem was really bad then. They were distroying crops at a great rate and so much of a pest that the state was allowing people to go onto the farms and shoot them, any time, any number. Open season on them. You had to be careful not to hit them on the highways they're like deer down there.

Snuffy
  5. ezearln

ezearln G&G Newbie

Had a pair of young ones dash out in front of my truck when I was taking a friend to the airport a whiles back they are getting thick!
  6. nmhunter

nmhunter G&G Newbie

I'm interested in the answer to this myself. I've never tried hog hunting. I'm always up for something new.
  7. Yogi

Yogi G&G Newbie

A friend of mine asked me today at the gun show if I would like to go to TX hog hunting in june. Sounds like fun.