Finally - The PICO

Discussion in 'Beretta' started by Bish.41MAG, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Bish.41MAG

Bish.41MAG G&G Regular

Many of the things I was looking for in a pocket .380/.32 have been addressed by none other then Beretta. There are some great options out there already but I have been waiting for that one that seemed just right. I missed the news release at the Huston, Texas NRA show but have been reading up on it as best as I can. Does anyone know the date that this gun will be available? I think I read August from one source.

I also like the option for the .32 barrel. Any insight on if you can order it with the .32 barrel rather then the .380?

I do not own a Beretta and can't wait to join the club.
  2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Why don't you just buy a Walther PP or PPK in .32 ACP? it would cost less and is probably more reliable.
  3. BigElkCanoe

BigElkCanoe G&G Regular Forum Contributor

Here we go,,, I don't have a Beretta (pistol anyway), but do have several others in the short 9, 9mm mak and 9 mm luger and Sig is my go to in 380. They ain't cheap but dang nice weapons.
  4. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

MSRP of the Pico is somewhere around $375 IIRC from NRA show. Where can I find a PP or PPK for that price?
  5. Bish.41MAG

Bish.41MAG G&G Regular

Deep Concealment - I don't want to be an advertisement walking around. I'm 5'7" 135 and typically walk around in shorts and a T-Shirt. I have trouble carrying without it showing. The rounded corners, and the specs of 5.1x4.0x.725 is really appealing to me. ($375 is not bad either)

I've shot the LCP and the Kel Tec .32 but I'm not the biggest fan of either of these and the sights may as well not even be put on them. I love the Diamondback .380 but Not sure of they figured out the failure to feed and failure to ejects yet. The Kahr is a little to "boxy" for me .... etc

I've looked at the SIG many times but the price tag takes me a step back each time. I know you can't put a price on a quality CCW gun - it has to go bang if you would ever need it, but my pocket book is not allowing it to leave the show case and come home with me yet.
  6. newheart301

newheart301 G&G Newbie

Have you seen the slightly bigger sights on the newer LCP's ? I got my wife a purple one and the sights are bigger, not a lot, but better ! To find one as light, small, better built, more reliable, and easier to shoot, you'll have to pay more, a lot more! I know the LCP is only an improved Kel-Tec. That's just it, at only about 20 to 25 dollars more, I've owned both, and it's really a big improvement, of Kel-Tec's original design.
  7. Bish.41MAG

Bish.41MAG G&G Regular

Recommendations for other guns from just about everyone. No one is intrigued by the PICO?
  8. newheart301

newheart301 G&G Newbie

I handled it... it just didn't "speak" to me. I really don't like the direction Beretta seems to be heading. Don't care for the PX series. I don't like the Nano, doesn't seem to point naturally for me, a friend has one , said he's had problems with it, didn't get a chance to find out what kind. Of course it took them over 20 years to get the 92 series right, I've heard the 90-Two isn't selling well ether . A friend ,( retired DOD ), seems to be able to get a lot of new stuff, even before it hits dealer shelves, he likes it. When it comes to a 380, I think I want to go as small as possible, since it's going to be a last ditch weapon.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  9. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

The 90-Two was discontinued. I hated that thing.

I'm with you on the PX series, although my .45 is starting to speak to me. I didn't like it at first.
  10. gmwamp

gmwamp G&G Newbie

I got a chance to shoot the new pico with some beretta reps and I wasn't super impressed. They are just trying to compete with the lcp and bodyguard. It has better sights than the lcp and better trigger than both but the ergonomics just didn't feel right to me. They had the extended mag in it and it was almost to big and looked cheap. They said we should see them in stores mid August.

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!
  11. Bish.41MAG

Bish.41MAG G&G Regular

Well of course they are tying to compete with the other pocket pistols (as well as competing against their own Nano) .... That is sort of how gun markets go if not we would not have a lot of good options out there. I'm still pretty excited about the release of the pistol as I've still been saving up and holding off on my pocket pistol choice until I get to handle one and make a final call.

Anyone who wants to read more about the PICO this is a really good article:

Beretta Pico Review - Guns & Ammo
  12. Bish.41MAG

Bish.41MAG G&G Regular

Still Haven't seen one of these yet. Anyone else?
  13. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Have you looked at the Kahr CW9. A little bigger but not too heavy and easily concealed with your shirt tail out and 9mm stopping power. Its my carry gun. JR
  14. gmwamp

gmwamp G&G Newbie

I haven't had one through my store yet. Haven't heard much from my beretta reps lately.

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!