Flea Market Gun

Discussion in 'Beretta' started by hfreyer, Oct 30, 2012.

1. hfreyer

hfreyer G&G Regular Forum Contributor

I bought another gun at the flea market. I bought a descent Beretta 92. I checked it out when I got home and read the model as a 926, but it turns out that is not a valid number. It turns out it is a 92G. It has factory Tritium sights and no safety. I thought the safety was broken, but found out that it is spring loaded to go back to the fire position after de-cocking the hammer. I spent a few days trying to figure why the safety did not work until I found the model. It appears that this gun was not normally sold to the public, but mainly to government agencies. I look forward to taking to the range. The sights work great in total darkness.
  2. cjleete

cjleete G&G Enthusiast

Sounds like a good find. Berettas are usually pretty accurate.
  3. chesterwin

chesterwin Super Moderator

Congratulations on what sounds to be a good find. I'd have a friend in LE run the serial on it to make sure it's not a "hot" gun though.
  4. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

92Gs are very desirable. Most folks hate having a safety on those things (I know I do). Decock only (a la SIG) is the preference.
  5. hfreyer

hfreyer G&G Regular Forum Contributor

I have a friend that is a retired ATF agent. If I think there may be a problem, I have the numbr checked. So far no problems.
  6. KnurledNut

KnurledNut G&G Newbie