Folding portable rifle rack

Discussion in 'Other Accessories' started by rondog, Feb 20, 2012.

1. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

A guy on a local CO gun forum I hang out on has started making these. It's a rifle/shotgun rack for range use, or display if you wish. It's lightweight and portable, folds up, and carries easily. I just bought one today, and told him I'd spread the word.

This one holds 16 long guns, he also offers an 8-gun version. He'll finish them in any stain you want, probably even paint them too, or you can get it raw wood, sanded only. He'll also put felt in the right places too. I bought a raw one myself, 16-gun.

Anyway, I got it to take to the range when me and the grandson go shooting, so we don't have to lay our guns all over the pickup bed and tailgate, shooting benches, lean them against the truck, etc. It's a wonderful thing!

I'm not selling these! Let's get that clear up front. But if you're interested, PM me and I'll give you his contact info, and y'all can take it from there. And don't ask me about prices, ask him. He's already sold several locally, and is excited about taking orders for more. So, let me know.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. trigger

trigger G&G Enthusiast

Those are pretty cool.
  3. caopai

caopai G&G Newbie

The base could be a little wider, but other than that, pretty nice.
  4. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

Wider as in spread apart a little more? Ask him for slightly longer chains, or you can get the chain at Home Depot for dirt cheap and make them any length you want.
  5. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Probably a reference to the bottom board not being as wide as the butt of the guns that are sitting on it. Just my guess.
  6. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a storage or display rack, it's meant to be a rack to stand your guns in when you're out target shooting, so you have a place to put them. Just a lightweight, portable rack to stand 'em up in.

When me and the boy go shooting, we haul way too many guns with us, and it gets to be a problem trying to find a place to set them down. This thing is gonna be perfect for us!
  7. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

Looks good to me for what it's purpose.

The place I shoot doesn't have racks and the parking lot is 15-20 feet away so it's lay the rifles on another bench, on the ground, or stack'em on your bench...this would make it great.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  8. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

Like I said, I'm not selling these. But if you send me a PM I'll give you his email addy and ph. number. He's eager to build a bunch of 'em.
  9. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

What, nobody wants one of these? These are awesome!
  10. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

A great rack for a gun show sale. I can make one of these in about 2 hrs.

what's his cost?
  11. rondog

rondog G&G Enthusiast

Like I said, I'll hook you up with the seller, I'm not getting involved in pricing or anything else. Just trying to help get the word out. It would be great for a gun show table, I reckon, but the original intent was something to put your long guns on when out at the range.

I suppose it would work great in the living room too, but my wife would argue that point. A rack full of milsurps with fixed bayonets in the corner of the living room.....I could dig it!
  12. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

No need. Was just curious as to cost. Hand made furniture is an under appreciated craft.