Former Alabama Judges Poem

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ArkansasHunter, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

Alabama
    Judge

Some of you may be wondering what Judge Roy Moore has been doing since he was removed from the bench for refusing to remove the Ten Commandments from his courtroom wall. Please read the poem he wrote. It's below his picture.

[​IMG]

[FONT=Times
    New Roman]

[/FONT]The following is a poem written by Judge Roy Moore fromAlabama . Judge Moore was sued by the ACLU for displaying the Ten Commandments in his courtroom foyer. He has been stripped of his judgeship and now they are trying to strip his right to practice law in Alabama ! The judge's poem sums it up quite well.

America the beautiful,
    or so you used to be.
    Land of the Pilgrims' pride;
    I'm glad they'll never see.

Babies piled in dumpsters,
    Abortion on demand,
    Oh, sweet land of liberty;
    your house is on the sand.

Our children wander aimlessly
    poisoned by cocaine
    choosing to indulge their lusts,
    when God has said abstain

>From sea to shining sea,
    our Nation turns away
    >From the teaching of God's love
    and a need to always pray

We've kept God in our
    temples,how callous we have grown.
    When earth is but His footstool,
    and Heaven is His throne..

We've voted in a government
    that's rotting at the core,
    Appointing Godless Judges;
    who throw reason out the door,

Too soft to place a killer
    in a well deserved tomb,
    But brave enough to kill a baby
    before he leaves the womb.

You think that God's not
    angry,that our land's a moral slum?
    How much longer will He wait
    before His judgment comes?

How are we to face our God,
    from Whom we cannot hide?
    What then is left for us to do,
    but stem this evil tide?

If we who are His children,
    will humbly turn and pray;
    Seek His holy face
    and mend our evil way:

Then God will hear from Heaven;
    and forgive us of our sins,
    He'll heal our sickly land
    and those who live within.

But,
    America the Beautiful,
    If you don't - then you will see,
    A sad but Holy God
    withdraw His hand from Thee.

~~Judge Roy Moore~~​

2. lorcin25

lorcin25 G&G Newbie

Wow. Powerful. Too true.
  3. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

very nice poem, dont know if he actually wrote it for certain (this is the internet) but if he did he has props
  4. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

Well. He's a real ray of sunshine, isn't he?

Personally, I think he's just a sore loser. Any judge who sneaks a 5,280-lb sculpture of the Ten Commandments into a government building in the dead of night, after the earlier problems with wooden plaques on the wall of his courtroom, and unveils it in the morning, is deliberately picking a fight...and he lost.

Here's what the District Court Court judge who ordered him to remove it had to say:

"If all Chief Justice Moore had done were to emphasize the Ten Commandments' historical and educational importance... or their importance as a model code for good citizenship... this court would have a much different case before it. But the Chief Justice did not limit himself to this; he went far, far beyond. He installed a two-and-a-half ton monument in the most prominent place in a government building, managed with dollars from all state taxpayers, with the specific purpose and effect of establishing a permanent recognition of the 'sovereignty of God,' the Judeo-Christian God, over all citizens in this country, regardless of each taxpaying citizen's individual personal beliefs or lack thereof. To this, the Establishment Clause says no."

What's funny about it is that the same people who run around whining about 'activist judges' are the ones who supported him when he announced his intention to ignore the District Court, the Federal Appeals Court, and the other eight members of his own State Supreme Court.

It's a judge's duty to follow the law, not to write his own in the name of God and ignore the ones already in place. And if you stop and think about it, someone who blatantly and publicly defies lawful court orders really shouldn't have a license to practice law; he's already demonstrated he has no respect for it and thinks his personal beliefs are more important.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  5. ArkansasHunter

troy some us are proud he stood up for his convictions. He was a Judge and he's to be commended for honoring the Supremest Judge of all.. God .
    You gotta draw a line some where, right are wrong .
    A.H
  6. Death Metal

Death Metal G&G Newbie

7. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

I believe in God, but I also believe it's the president's job to run the country. Likewise, it is the judge's job to run the court room and put criminals where they should be. I would rather not have them push religious issues, but take care of the issues they were selected to do. Who and what they praise is not my concern as long as they are properly doing their job.
  8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The Ten Commandments are something we should all live by, reguardless of religion.
  9. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

Mike, if he's going to honor what he consider's God's law over the laws he was sworn to uphold and apply as a judge, he should've been a preacher instead of a judge. Judges aren't supposed to pick and choose, and go with only the laws they like.

If your conscience and beliefs won't let you properly do the job you're hired to do, the proper thing to do is find another job and stop taking the paycheck..
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  10. TexasT

Obviously everybody doesn't live by that, which is why we need judges to do their job.
  11. Death Metal

Death Metal G&G Newbie

God's law > mans law.

Just my opinion.
  12. TexasT

Depending on who your God is...everybody's God is different.
  13. ArkansasHunter

Since he was a Judge then maybe he felt what he did was right and the others were wrong.

Texas T said :Depending on who your God is...everybody's God is different.

I beleive in the true and only liveing God who is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Mine's not different he's the same today as he was yesterday and before then.

Who's your's ?
  14. TexasT

AH, not all judges are Christian. Not everyone in America is Christian. You'd be pitching a hissy fit if that judge tried to put a scripture from the Koran or teachings of Scientology on the wall. I don't mind that the Ten Commandments were in the courthouse, but I would mind if other teachings were there. Particularly ones that I don't agree with. It's best to keep it all out. It's the church's job to spread the word, not any government official's job.
  15. sc928porsche

sc928porsche G&G Newbie

TexasT--- I agree with you. You don't have to be a christian to be treated justly by the law. You have a right to have your own beliefs as long as you don't push them off on someone else. This is Our country not My country. Good and bad, I still believe that it is the best one. Of course that is just my opinion and the rest of you are entitled to yours.
  16. Zephri

Zephri G&G Newbie

This thread is a guaranteed for a lock.
  17. ArkansasHunter

Excuse me I'm not pitching any kind of fit I'm agreeing with the Judge . I honestly could careless what you or anyone else really thinks . I appauld him for standing up for what he beleives.
    I'm posting my oppinion like I would at another site that pertained to guns.
    When God or religion is brought into a Thread I'll have my say and you can have yours no matter how wrong or right it might be.
    If it requires a rebuttal then so be it.
    And to set you straight I'm not pitching a hissy fit, but grinning ear to ear and haveing a good time.
    Regards A.H hiss hiss LOL !!!
  18. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

I've typed 3 times, I've erased/deleted 3 times. I don't want to piss anyone off. I'm having a real hard time trying to do this politically correct. lol So if I happen to upset someone, trust me, I tried not to. Religion, Politics, 2 subjects where generally everyone is going to pretty much disagree with everyone else.

In my eyes and what I believe, there's only ONE TRUE GOD! He's a loving and forgiving God. He doesn't hate you or want you dead simply because you're lost or don't look for him. Satan likes the fact you're lost. When you're lost, he wins. He wins because being lost is keeping you hidden from the truth.

As for this Judge, he may not see the worst this country has to offer to the extreme a police officer does, but none the less, he sees it. He probably needed something to remind him of who he is and what he believes in. Back in the day, in what I'll call old school south, this includes Arkansas,Alabama,Mississippi, Georgia etc.etc., the SOUTH, Them Good ole boys. It was the norm to have God in your life and it was the norm to let everyone know you believed in God and he was a part of your everyday life. Back when, It wasn't a problem to have such stuff on your desk, in your office etc.etc.etc.. It was the SOUTH. People expected it. There also wasn't all these flippin' groups that get into everyones business and put their 2-bits in where it isn't wanted and makes others conform to their beliefs rather then their own. NUFF said.

And with this little bit, I'm sure I'll be corrected. I'm sure there'll be a rebuttal. Fine, not a problem. Just do it NICELY!!! lol
  19. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

I'm not allergic to having the Ten Commandments in the courtroom. But I'm allergic to having a judge there who defies lawful court orders.

I don't see how he could do that as a Chief Justice, then deal with cases before him where lawbreakers defend their actions by saying, "I think the law I broke is wrong, so I shouldn't have to obey it."

If he feels his religious beliefs prevent him from obeying orders from higher courts, he has no business being a judge; he should go start a church instead.

I also just don't like his style. The way he sneaked the sculpture in during the dark of night, then unveiled it as an accomplished fact the next morning, wasn't a particularly honest way of going about it.
  20. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I oughta stay way away from this, but dang it, I'll try to keep it in the middle. We have an overabundance of judges, who now perform their duties according to the "society is responsible" doctrine that is being pushed on us. That poor man butchered all those people, but it's not his fault, society should have treated him better. Those judges are letting all sorts of violent felons back out on the streets of our country, to prey on us. I guess they figure it's okay, because it's OUR fault that they became what they are.

Now, I would guess that this judge was sick of the atrocities that came before him on a daily basis, and needed something to remind him that there ARE good people in the world. But I guess the 2 ton monument was a bit too much. I would rather be tried by a judge who believes in God, than one who is politically correct.

My opinion, and it's watered down, so maybe I won't be chastised too much!