Friends, After 25 Years

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brother Bob, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

........so Miss Wanda and I are driving through a neighborhood that we lived in back in the early 80's. We purchased our 1st brand new house, there. Low and behold, a close friend of ours still lives there. We tried to call, but received voice-mail. Jerry called us back this evening. After a lengthy conversation, our friends are coming out soon to visit. We have not seen them in 25 years. I think it's wonderful to see Jerry and Maria again. I still remember what they looked like 25 years ago. Jerry and I played golf a lot, back then. I shot in the 70's and Jerry shot in the 80's.......It's been a long time since I swung a golf club. LOL! They were wonderful neighbors. They have 5 grandchildren and Miss Wanda and I have 6. I can hardly wait to see them and give them a Brother Bob bear hug! LOL!
  2. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

That's great! It's always good to reconnect-hope you guys have a wonderful time.
  3. chesterwin

chesterwin Super Moderator

Sounds like a fun reconnect. Don't be surprised about any changed attitudes though.
  4. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ha thats cool! hope everything goes well with the meet!
  5. JetGirl

JetGirl G&G Enthusiast

Friends that you can keep for the long haul are a good thing.
  6. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Bob, I know what you mean about meeting up with OLD friends. It's like time stood still while you were apart, and you just take up where you left off. The friend that went shooting with us in Cali has been my friend since we were eight years old, in the Cub Scouts. That makes fifty one years for us, even though we spent much of those years apart. I was in the Navy, and he went with the Corps, and we had a good time relating stories about our service time. Friends are special, Brother!
  7. cabinnut

cabinnut G&G Enthusiast

Were those golf scores or the temps you'd play in? lol
  8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I was on the Norman High school golf team back when I was younger....... I usually shot around 78-82 on a familiar course. Jerry shot a consistent 84-90. It didn't matter. If we drank too many beers, the score would suffer. LOL!