Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oz n Bolivia, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Oz n Bolivia

Oz n Bolivia G&G Newbie

This was sent to me buy my sister in Arizona. How much truth is in it I do not know but maybe and Aussie on the board does.

Oz.
    Start of e-mail

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts...

Hi Yanks,

I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.
    It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced
    by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. First year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
    Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent ;
    Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
    In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300
    percent.
    (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals
    did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in
    armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has
    decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns." You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

The real reason why we have an admendment that is our right to bare arms in our Constitution of the United States, and the reason it should stay as one of our rights.

FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. ( I JUST DID!!)
    DON'T BE A MEMBER OF THE SILENT MAJORITY.
    BE ONE OF THE VOCAL MINORITY WHO WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN IN THE U.S.A

End of e-mail
  2. KODIAK BEAR

KODIAK BEAR G&G Newbie

Exactly what happened in the United Kingdom when their population, albeit not the criminal population, were disarmed. This was a typical knee jerk reaction to a couple of isolated incidents in the UK and now everyone is at a loss to explain why the crime rate is spiralling out of control. Owners in the US and Canada have to resolve to fight any erradication of their rights to bear arms, as we are surrounded by antis who would love to send us down that same slippery path.
  3. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Gun control doesn't work, period
  4. JBS

JBS G&G Newbie

Worked real good for Hitler.
  5. Johnny_Revolver

Johnny_Revolver G&G Newbie

I just can`t get my head around how these figures work. In this country, where self and property defence with a firearm has never been allowed, taking certain guns off law abiding citizens amped up armed robbery? How did it do that?

I mean, lets fight unjust gun laws, but lets get clear concise facts and figures to do it with.
  6. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Yes, it seems to work great for governments that want to rule their people with an iron, unjust, fist
  7. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

Figure violent criminals still wouldn't want to take the chance. There's a saying in the USA "Better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6." Meaning that defending their life or more importantly the lives of their loved ones is worth the legal consequences even if self defense is prohibited. This motto does not increase confidence for violent criminals.
  8. Dave Sample

Dave Sample G&G Newbie

Armed men are citizens:Unarmed men are subjects.
    "Gun Control" is typical of what govenments do. They create an imaginary problem, and then pretend to solve it.
    There was no "Gun Contorl when I was born in 1932. There was no problem with guns and no school shootings.
    My, how times have changed!
  9. JBS

JBS G&G Newbie

Yeah...What Dave said.
  10. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

this is scary...I wonder if they have the drug problems we have ?
  11. BPierce

BPierce G&G Newbie

Kodiak,
    It sounds like our good friends in Canada are about to turn things around. Canadian efforts at gun registrarion have run into a bit of a snag I hear. Could it be that "cold dead fingers" is an attitude that spans our border?
  12. Dave Sample

Dave Sample G&G Newbie

"Good Friends In Canada"? Our great allies? I must have missed something somewhere!
  13. ezearln

ezearln G&G Newbie

Howdy Folks just a wee note here for those whom might appreciate it's irony...
    In the mid 80's I was a Plank Owner aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt(CVN-71) when we hosted the very first ever visit from the (former) Soviet Unions highest ranking Officer (and here I am certain I will mispell his name) General Aklameyov(pronounced like it's spelled anyhow) aboard a Nuclear Powered aircraft carrier. During his address to the assembled dignitaries and the ships company he made these remarks and I remember them clearly for their worth "My greatest fear of having to ever confront the United States in war is not in your arsenals nor nuclear weapons but in the competance and skill which your youngest ENLISTED men and women maintain and operate the most modern of equipment, AND the prospect of facing 200 million armed and angry American Citizens."
    I noticed the next day that a copy of the official release of his address omitted the reference to armed and angry citizens...
    Anyone here think it odd that this man with so much firepower at his command should hesitate at the thought of a few "zealots with deer rifles" ??
    I don't, I for one clearly see his point. Just grist fer the Mill folks.
  14. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

Very good grist at that pardner ! Thanks for passing this along...A.H
  15. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Wasn't there a Japanese general that said something similar? Like you can't invade the mainland US because there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass?
  16. JoeLee

JoeLee Suspended

I seen that posted previously on other sites ,but I never believed a LEO posted it.Somehow it seems congaed to me by one of our brothers down under or other? Being a sceptic I can not believe it till I see him/her on TV or in-person stating it.
  17. ezearln

ezearln G&G Newbie

Pretty much .22 Guy, our exercise of our 2nd amendment freedoms have given many of our foes pause, can you imagine the response to an attack on our soil in the deep south by some knuckle head ???
  18. JoeLee

JoeLee Suspended

The Japanese who stated that was Admiral Yamamoto!He knew Americans love their guns.I think he went to college in the USA?
  19. ezearln

ezearln G&G Newbie

Joel Lee
    I know this about Admiral Yamamoto, it was he that stated to the Japanese high command that all Pearl Harbor had accomplished was to awaken a sleeping giant that will doom us all! As history shows he was right! :usa2:
  20. JoeLee

JoeLee Suspended

You being prior Service I can talk to you.I often wonder what would have been the outcome,if Hitler didn't invade Russia,and we didn't acquire the Atom-Bomb?