G&G looses another senior member...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 338RUM, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Enthusiast

Me...

If anyone here would like to keep in touch my email is //removed// I will send you my phone number if you want. I can not be here and post the way I do and try to stay professional while there is this amount of back stabbing and petty crap here...

One thing most people need to learn is that in a tight knit family (especally as tight as the band of fellers) the truth gets around. And since I do not like being lied too I will be signing out. I will check in periodically to see if things have changed, until then I will not be contributing here and I suggest others take a deep look at this place as well...

Truely Concerned,
    Josh
  2. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

Sorry to see you go man.

I generally just tend to avoid even looking at controversial threads, I know it will just annoy me.

Hope to see you back around sometime. At least to just check in.
  3. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist

will miss you and respect your decission though I'm not sure exactly what prompted it. Best of luck and hope in time you decide to come back as I will miss your knowledge and experience.
  4. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I understand, but nonetheless I'm sorry to see you go. I will keep in touch with you, because you are a part of us! Friendship is a hard won prize, and not surrendered easily. I value every one of you who have made this group special!
  5. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

there's always going to be petty crap on a forum, no matter what the size. as for backstabbing, i guess i havent really noticed it.
  6. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

???????

I wish you well and God Bless
  7. Twitch2120

Twitch2120 G&G Enthusiast

anyone in the know want to PM me what is going on? i feel like im missing something really obvious.
  8. nathangdad

nathangdad G&G Newbie

????????

Sorry to see you go. I am at a loss as I have not experienced your stated reasons for leaving.

This is a forum. By definition it is a place for differing views.

We should all post our real life experiences in the proper gun topic areas.
    We should all post our political thoughts in the political area.

Through learing the views and experiences of others we grow.

Best wishes.
  9. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

I too am clueless.

I come here to discuss guns/hunting/and have fun doing so.. Not sure what's been going on behind the scenes, and I'm not sure that I really want to know, either.

I learned a long time ago, if there's someone in a forum that you get upset anytime you read his/her post, put them on ignore...

If you enjoy a forum, continue to enjoy it and ignore anyone who causes you to not enjoy the forum..

Life is too short to give up on something you enjoy..

And if you're not enjoying it anymore, move on and find something you do enjoy.. :)
  10. jwernecke

jwernecke G&G Newbie

I hate to see you go. Although please dont take this wrong,but I would rather see you leave than to actually lose you like we have some others this year. Good luck and hopefully a little cool off period is all you need and we will see you back.

The porch light is always on Josh.
  11. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Hate to see ya go, brother and I hope you change your mind. I, too have gotten frustrated to the point of leaving because of some other members' actions, but then realized that all families have a axxhole or two in their midst.
    Anyway, I hope it all works out and I'll be saving your email just in case it doesn't.
    Tim
  12. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Well, there it is, in a nutshell. Like the others, I hate to see you go! But I copied your email, and will keep in touch, my friend!
  13. rl69

rl69 G&G Enthusiast

i really didn't want to open this thread thought someone died but in ways i think this is worse

good luck and keep it between the lines
  14. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Enthusiast

I'm not one to stir the pot, I am hoping that after some self reflection I can come back and ignore some of the issues. Bit my concious will not allow it as of now, a lot of things have come to light and for me and I just don't want to get banned so I am gonna chill and hopefully return later...
  15. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I thought someone died too when I first saw this thread, I'm very glad that was not the case. I am sad however to see another long time member go and I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes but I suppose it is none of my business either.

I hope the best for you and your family during the holiday seasons and beyond. I still hope you will come back and visit in the future. I guess due to your situations with people here I can't speak for everyone but I do know that many here and I will leave the light on for you if you ever do decide to come back and visit.

-Take care
    tacav
  16. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Landlubber Pirate Forum Contributor

Hey man hate to see ya go. As always in situations such as this I tend to look at myself and wonder was it because of me. As an X truck driver keep your cool out there and watch out for the weather. Getting bad in Guyman OK, Amarillo and up into Kansas. BTW watch out for them swift drivers even tho they only do 62 they tend to sneak up on ya before ya know it and when you're not looking. Hope you will reconsider and we will all see you back on here soon
    Mark
  17. Erickson

Erickson G&G Enthusiast

Always hate to lose members from a community. Best wishes to you and your family good sir. Hopefully what ever has prompted this can be resolved and avoided in the future.
  18. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Josh, all forums eventually morph themselves into something totally different than what they were originally. They eventually get to the point that they think they should be able to control your thought processes and response to any and all events by censorship, ostracism, or the threat of being banned. Those threats can even impact moderators.

The best example I can give you is the now defunct MySpace forums. They eventually strong armed and moderated themselves out of existence. Not to many years ago they had the most dynamic forums on the planet. If Rupert Murdoch's organization can't rein themselves in and acknowledge that they themselves are not the lifeblood of their very own forum, I don't expect any other lesser organization to be cognizant of that fact either. Are you aware that on many forums your PMs aren't even private? When it come to moderating on a forum the key attribute is "moderation". Empirically closed threads, bans with out any explanation, etc are really pretty lame in my estimation, and the participating members of a forum are usually more effective at controlling spammers. (they sometimes can be converted into valuable participants of a forum)

Let's face it though Josh, G&G like many other forums will at some point slide into irrelevance like thousands of others. That isn't going to be a life threatening end all event. Love your family and friends sir. The rest is just fluff and filler.
  19. Earl Easter

Earl Easter G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Hey buddy no need ta leave, just take a break er two and everything goes away...LOL..

I have been asked different questions that i really don't want to talk about and mostly have been asked through others for what reason who knows....sorta a game that I don't play into.......I don't know what has happened to you that would make you leave cause I aint been around for a spell.

But I will tell ya this... I like all your comments and your concerns and us band of fellers will still hold on no matter what, wishing that you stay. You have a great Christmas iffin I don't see ya and a Happy New Year..

Your Buddy Earl...
  20. trigger

trigger G&G Enthusiast

I havent experienced any drama here. I have read on other sites to educate and learn on topics. I must say, I read a LOT of mean and smarta%% people belittling each other.
    In my opinion, The title of this site is true. "The friendlist forum on the net".
    Therefore. This is the only site I am a member on.
    Sorry to see you go. Don't let people get under you skin. It/s not worth it.
    Merry Christmas

Go read "Flash mob again" That should chear you up. It's awsome
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011