G26 recoil buffer spring

Discussion in 'Glock' started by Shrpnl, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Shrpnl

Shrpnl G&G Regular Forum Contributor

I recenty bought a G26 as my CCW. I was wondering if it would be prudent to put in a stiffer buffer spring to take down a bit more recoil but am not sure what "size" to get. Any suggestions?
  2. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Enthusiast

You'd probably screw up the reliability. Those pistols will be a little snappy regardless because of the size and weight. There's no way around that.
  3. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Enthusiast

A stiffer recoil spring might interfere with reliability with some kinds of ammo. If you want to reduce recoil, try Magna Porting it.
  4. Shrpnl

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look into porting it. :-D
  5. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I own a G26. The only change I made to the recoil spring was a factory weight Wolff. Its aftermarket parts are a 3.5 pound disconnector (not reducing the trigger weight much but making it ALOT smoother) and XS big dot sights (which I would highly recommend if you don't want the TruGlo picture instead). I would NOT screw with it other than maybe upgrading the springs after you have put many rounds through it and it's getting time for a new recoil spring.

Recoil isn't that bad, but if it is a problem consider using the Hornady Critical Duty rounds as well as getting a Pierce magazine extender. This little gem fits on the floorplate of the magazine and gives you a little more leverage because your whole hand--including your pinky--now fits.
  6. newheart301

newheart301 G&G Newbie

There is no free lunch when it comes to ballistics, simple physics, smaller the gun, the more felt recoil. I have the G17,G19, and the G26. The 19 is the best compromise in size , control, and felt-recoil. Porting it will cause problems with muzzle-flash, shoot one before you do yours.... in low light ! Good luck. There's reduced recoil rounds and the 115gn. rounds are usually softer shooting too. Try a rubber grip sleeve, bet you'll like it.
  7. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Enthusiast

The grip extension on a Kel Tec PF9 worked wonders. Having the little finger involved in the grip make alot of difference. Try that first.
  8. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Just go to the link below and get the correct stainless or tungsten guide rod with captured spring. And I suggest for CCW you stay with factory type spring...It'll last longer and is far more durable (my opinion of course).

Glock Custom Parts and Accessories

If you want to do other not so expensive things, get a ghost connector >>> http://www.glockstore.com/custom-parts-amp-accessories/ghost-rocket-3-5lb-connector-for-glockand <<< I believe that's the one you have you have to put the Dave Spaulding cut into. Not hard if you do it slow. Otherwise just get the Lone Wollf connector. Another item to get is a grip plug >>> Slug Plug

Only other thing I'd suggest is an after market barrel. If you can afford it, one of the Wilson Combat barrels if he has it for your model. Otherwise a Storm Lake or Lone Wolf barrel will work just fine. Not a necessity mind you. Just something I'd suggest. But that's just me.
  9. Shrpnl

Thanks all. I'll definatly look into these suggestions. I already have extended mags so I have the "pinky" control taken care of. The recoil really is managable but since it's my ccw I want to eliminate as much of the muzzle flip as possible to get on target as quickly as possible. :)
  10. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

The best cure for this, IMHO, will lie in "software" and not hardware. Good training, a good stance, grip, sight picture and practice will let you make follow up hits better than any gadgets you put on the gun.
  11. Shrpnl

Yeah, workin on that as well. Already sent 500 rounds down range and I havn't had this thing a month yet. lol. for some reason I keep pullin my shots to the right (I shoot right handed) but my elevation is spot on. I think my push pull ratio is off. :)
  12. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Enthusiast

Just my opinion, you may have too much finger, on the trigger. When the finger is in too far and you pull the trigger, shot most likely will go right. Not enough finger and most people will shoot to the left as they 'push' the gun toward the left. JMO
  13. Shrpnl

er, I must be stoned or something. I shoot left handed. Not sure why I put right handed in my above post. lol... So, I'll check to make sure I have enough finger.
  14. Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet G&G Regular

I've noted that you are actually left-handed, OK. You're shooting a subcompact frame Glock. By, 'throwing' your shots to the right you're behaving normally for someone who is new to his pistol. The problem is with your grip. Whenever a pistol is held incorrectly there is a visible tendency for shots to be, 'thrown' toward the weakest part of the gripping hand: Your grasping fingertips.

This means that a left-handed pistol shooter is going to, 'throw' his shots to the right. You need to maintain greater control over the pistol's backstrap, watch your front sight, and apply greater pressure with your support hand and, especially, with the grasping fingers of your support hand. (Keep pushing your right-hand's fingertips toward the left as you press the trigger.)

Next time you ask a question about a Glock spring it would help if you mentioned what generation Glock pistol you have? Suggest you take TXplt's above advice to add a nominal, '3.5#' factory connector to your G-26. A 6# Wolff Gunspring's, 'extra power', trigger spring would, also, help with the reset.
  15. Shrpnl

Thanks for the advice Silver. Actually, I can't believe I forgot to mention what Gen it is. It's Gen 4. :)

I figured it had to do with my grip but couldn't figure out for the life of me how to correct it. I'm hitting the range tomorrow and will make the changes you suggested. Thanks again.
  16. Scouse

Scouse G&G Newbie

If it is a consistent pull to the right? Might be the sight needs moving!

Just a touch to the left. Take the Glock rear sight tool to the range, 7 and ten yards is good.