Geco Carabiner Model 1919 + PICS

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by sell33, Apr 12, 2009.

1. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

Ok, So this rifle has been around as long as I can remember and long before that. It is my older brothers, his first gun, given him by my dad. my dad got it from his Great uncle Dillon, thats why my older brother (Dillon) got it. We have never been able to find out much about it, but I was just cleaning it and decided to dip from the well of knowledge here. Hopefully y'all can help me. I believe it may have been some sort of training rifle? But really have no clue.

As the title says, it is a Geco Carabiner, model 1919. 22 LR. Very low serial number (7**), matching bolt. The bore is great, the stock is amazing, it is custom and was hand made by my great great uncle. Shoots very good too, but i am wondering if we shoudl be shooting it?? Lol. The only problem cosmetically is the blueing is very thin, maybe 50% and has some scraches and stuff.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Geco1.jpg

geco2.jpg

Geco3.jpg

Geco4.jpg
  2. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Geco rifles were made in Germany right after WW1 and were exported into the US in the early 1920's. Most were youth stocked boys rifles.They are worth between 100 and 200 dollars .
    Keep it clean and oiled and yes , you can shoot it.
    Do not reblue it or it will only be worth 1/2 as much as all original.

Rich
  3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Thanks for the pics sell, and for the info Moose.
  4. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

well good i'll go sight it in today then lol. Thanks for the info, all i knew is that it was german lol.
  5. BasementShooter

BasementShooter G&G Newbie

I have a GECO carabiner model 1919 .22LR... Does anybody know if extracdtors are available anywhere?