GERMAN MAUSER 8mm

Discussion in 'Mausers' started by Lawman, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Lawman

Lawman G&G Newbie

I am attempting to obtain the approximate value of a German 8mm Mauser. It came via my Uncle from the European theatre during WW ll. Description as follows:
    1940, Model 98 Serial number 2215 numbers match. arsenal #42. Eagle on swastika left of serial numbers on barrell and reciever. Three eagles on swastikas right side. barrell length approximately 23" Good condition. Trying to research history of weapon. Any input wpu;d be greatly appreciated
  2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

These WWII collector pieces are in good to very good condition. Sure to increase in value! Nice clean rifles with NAZI marked codes on receiver ring. These are historic K98 rifles and every collector must own one !!

REG: $179.95
    RETAIL: $375.00
    #SLG-WWIIK98
    C&R
    CALIFORNIA-OK
    Handpick: Add $10.00

from http://www.southernohiogun.com/
  3. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

A really good GI bring-back unmarked by an importer will certainly command a much higher value than a recent import rifle. You might check on Jouster.com or Gunboards.com (both have Mauser forums) and see what the exspurts have to say.
    Besides some real monetary value, this rifle has serious sentimental/family value.
    There are so many factors in the military Mausers that it'll take a truly knowledgable collector to pin down a good monetary value.
  4. Mauser Man

Mauser Man G&G Newbie

arsenal 42 means it was made in orbendorf germany. ive seen k98s with all matching numbers go for 700-800 dollars but you should listen to big dog and go to those websites if you want a more accurate price.
  5. Lawman

Lawman G&G Newbie

Thanks for the info BigDog. Will check those sights.
  6. Lawman

Lawman G&G Newbie

Thanks for the info Big Dog.I will look into those sites.
  7. Lawman

Lawman G&G Newbie

Mauser Man thank you. The location of the arsenal clears up apiece of my puzzle.