Glock bullets untraceable

Discussion in 'Glock' started by samuel, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

An AP article I read was an interview of LAPD Board of Police Commissioners on going to a Glock 9mm.They interviewed Chief William Bratton and Commissioner Alan J.Skobin.They stated that because Glock barrels are made with precision machienery,only 10% of the bullets could be traced to the firearm that fired them.Also they stated a glock was more powerful than a Beretta with the same ammo.The officers reccomended the glock 9mm very highly but to me it sounded like the article was trying to point out something anti-gun.As far as I know neither of these two things could be true.I tried to find something on this and failed so I posted this hoping someone knew anything about it.They also stated the riflings arent cut but didnt mention forging which is the only other way I know and forged riflings can be traced.Thank you samuel.
  2. frozentorso

frozentorso G&G Newbie

I've got it figured out. They're using Glocks with 90% smooth bore 20" barrels.
  3. ash

ash G&G Regular

I think i figured it out.
    They must be using magical ammo that rotates without rifling.
    Or there idiots.
  4. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

I'm going with either idiots or are trying to make guns look bad, evil and magical.
  5. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Even at my age I havnt lost my sense of humor.I,m still laughing at smoothbore and magic bullet but who knows,they might be arming police this way.Leave it up to the desk officers.Anything is possible.I wish I knew how to post the whole article.The part about Glock being more powerful than Beretta got me.Also they said you could get 12 9mm,s in and only 10 .40cal. samuel.
  6. wolverine

wolverine G&G Newbie

The issue is with polygonal rifling used in glocks. Yes it can be traced to a particular gun but it takes much more time and precision work to match it. Most dept's. dont have the technical know how to do it. The same can be said for the HK pistol that use poly rifling as well.
  7. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

wolverine:Thank you for the answer.Now all I have to do is find out what poligonal riflings are and the technique used.I have been around firearms 49yrs and never heard of this.Again,thanks. samuel.
  8. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

Just some light reading: Polygonal rifling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  9. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

just a car:Thats just what I needed.Thanks for the help. samuel.
  10. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member Founder

Good read on Wikipedia. I love that place.
  11. lefty o

lefty o G&G Enthusiast

dang hard to trace the bullet from any semi auto pistol- once the barrels been replaced.:hitwithrock:
  12. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

What they are really saying is they can't tell which of a dozen officers hit his mark on a suspect......
  13. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Sounds like a conspiracy to me
  14. tommy

tommy G&G Newbie

you can tell a glock caseing from any other shell caseing a glock puts a tinny rectangle indention on the shell caseing and to this day i haven't see it on any other shell caseing from any other guns.not to mention the glock caseings are usualy exspanded alittle more but as for as not being able to identifie a gun a dremel tool wil take care of that right before every driveby just run a stainless stell brush hooked to the end of a dremel tool through the barrel and walla no more identifieying marks. and after you get home or better yet just carry a cordless remel tool with you and after the drivby just run the brush throgh the barrel that way just incase you get pulled over and the gun gets picked up they can't get ant balistics off the bullets to match the barrel:burnout: oh it's always better to put a clip with diferent ammo in it for the driveby that way if you do get pulled over the ammo don't match so get like two clicpi with wolf and two clips with cci ammo.lol that way balistics don't match and the ammo in the gun don't match .
  15. BPierce

BPierce G&G Newbie

Bullets are matched to a particular gun based first on the rifling pattern. That is, right or left hand - number of lands and grooves - and other features. This serves to narrow down the possibilities and yes, poligonal rifiling is a recognizeable pattern. Then the real work begins. Manufacture, wear and cleaning leave imperfections in a barrel that make identifiable markes on a bullet. Like so many other things in forsensic sicense, an attempt to trace a bullet to a particular gun can result in "yes" "no" or "maby". It may well be that polligonal rifling leave less imperfections but any gunsmith could create a minute damaged area in the bore that would in no way harm handgun accuracy and would make bullets fired from the gun easily identifiable. One last comment, any attempt to remove the rifling leaves so many traceable imperfections that a match is certain. You would have to do it after the bullet in question had been fired and then you might just as well get rid of the gun.
  16. tommy

tommy G&G Newbie

i edited this post due to the respect of g&g but i only posted it to prove the forensic test on a gun is not accurate and can be gotton arout if you know ho to do it. us coonass do know how to pop off people and still use the gun and not have to worrie about getting rid of it . we ain't rich down here so we can't afford to keep buying another gun everytime we knock off someone so we devized a way to reuse the gun so it can't be traced back to the body . lmao. we ain't so dumb afta all down heeya.lol
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  17. bigandrich44

bigandrich44 G&G Newbie

Tommy, do you wanna know how many punksters have probably read your two posts? Alot. You might need to say there are some "techniques" to get out of it. Because if you don't, the criminals can point at you and say you told them how to do it. Then you get in major trouble. Have a nice day.
  18. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I have seen nothing discussed on here except the riflings in a Glok that I havent seen on TV,on nra web,and in several gun mag,s. samuel.
  19. JBS

JBS G&G Newbie

I thought it was against G&G policy to post about anything illegal. I'm gonna' tell on you guys.
  20. tommy

tommy G&G Newbie

i was only trying to back up what i know . you can delete my post now but if i would have said i know a way you guys would have said there is know way to get around it . so now that i told you how i will go back and delete it.

now for the second class on how to convert a ak to fully auto.lol just joking
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007