Gun and Game Forum banner

Glowing Eyes at Night? What is it?

24K views 57 replies 27 participants last post by  H-BAR 
#1 ·
Ever been out at night and seen glowing eyes? I know the cats eyes are red or yellow at night.
I have heard Cougars eyes glow green or yellow in lights at night.
What about wild hogs eyes? Do they glow when the flashlights hit them in the dark? How about owls? Or do you know any other animials that eyes glow when your flashlights light em up at night?

#4 ·
the reflextion you see is the light reflecting off the retinas or how ever you spell it.so any animal with a retina will glow.now a dead animal with his eye open won't glow if he's just been killed it will glow but not for long because the eyse start to lose their gloss and blood stops flowing .

#8 ·
I've seen a similar thing hunting deer. As I walked into the woods area a half hour before hunting time, using my headlamp, I often times see glowing eyes as deer look straight at me and usually simply wander off. I wish I knew where they went to after I could fire away(ha).

#10 ·
Bigfoot and Zomby,s eyes do "NOT" glow in the dark.It makes them very dangerous.They can sneak up and bite you in the butt before you know they are there.But if the wind is right,they smell like pickles.

#14 ·
I do believe that only humanoids have eyes that don't reflect light at night.
Of course there was this one little honey I knew in...oh, that's a different reflection...sorry.

#21 ·
When I was in high school, I worked as a Lifeguard at a summer camp. Considering that I didn't have my own group of kids to deal with at night, we (the rest of the lucky employees w/o kids) would walk through the campgrounds at night and get into trouble. We would find this iridescent, light-blue, glowing "stuff" at night along the trails. We could never find it during the day and never figured out what it was. I always thought it was some sort of mushroom type thing. Maybe that is what you are seeing????? Nope, no sir, no animals to see here, just blue-glowing fungi.

#22 ·
When I was in high school, I worked as a Lifeguard at a summer camp. Considering that I didn't have my own group of kids to deal with at night, we (the rest of the lucky employees w/o kids) would walk through the campgrounds at night and get into trouble. We would find this iridescent, light-blue, glowing "stuff" at night along the trails. We could never find it during the day and never figured out what it was. I always thought it was some sort of mushroom type thing. Maybe that is what you are seeing????? Nope, no sir, no animals to see here, just blue-glowing fungi.
either a ghost or a demon.

#23 ·
one thing I found interesting.

when you shine a light on deer at night their eyes glow a yellow / green color.

every now and then, but not often, you can find one in a group that their eyes glow red (not albino either). I was told by my buddy who ran a butcher shop, that a game warden once told him those deer were "night blind".

I don't know, but my Grandpa said they was demon deer and had the devil in em. I laughed at him, but he was serious and got a bit mad at me.

#24 ·
Ever been out at night and seen glowing eyes? I know the cats eyes are red or yellow at night.
I have heard Cougars eyes glow green or yellow in lights at night.
What about wild hogs eyes? Do they glow when the flashlights hit them in the dark? How about owls? Or do you know any other animials that eyes glow when your flashlights light em up at night?
It's probably Irv the Perv or Chester the Molester stalking you

#25 ·
one thing I found interesting.

when you shine a light on deer at night their eyes glow a yellow / green color.

every now and then, but not often, you can find one in a group that their eyes glow red (not albino either).

I don't know, but my Grandpa said they was demon deer and had the devil in em. I laughed at him, but he was serious and got a bit mad at me.
see?

demons
what did i just tell you guys?
yer gramps knew all about it too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.