Good places for target shooting in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by saceist, Apr 19, 2008.

1. saceist

saceist G&G Newbie

I'm new to shooting, and I was looking into what rules or laws I should be taking into consideration when shooting. As far as I know, don't shoot within 500ft of a residence, and obvious safety considerations, but should I be aware of anything else?

Thanks

PS - In case you gun gurus were wondering, what I'm playing with so far is a Winchester 22L/LR Model 190 with a good scope.

:feedback:
  2. thomasbrooks07

thomasbrooks07 G&G Newbie

well a .22 long rifle can travel up to 1.5 miles and if you hit house or something your looking at a absoultly massive fine and pissed off neighbor. I would just go threw the phone book and look for a gun range. I am on the west coast so I cant help ya with finding a range. Good luck
  3. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Are you anywhere Near the Kennedy Mansion ??? LOL
  4. Nikimathew

Nikimathew G&G Newbie

Seizing Guns In Connecticut

Getting a concealed carry permit is no big deal and we’re allowed to own Class III items with a couple of exceptions. But there is one law on the books I didn’t know about that is very worrying. Seems if a neighbor or family member doesn’t like you they can call the police to come take your guns.

---------------
    Nikimathew
    Massachusetts Drug Addiction
  5. ACTIONEER

ACTIONEER G&G Newbie

MA Gun Club info

Go onto www.fsguns.com. This is the website for Four Seasons Guns in Woburn, MA. They have a link to local area gun clubs. I belong to MRA (MA Rifle Assoc) in Woburn. FYI, a great club. Has firearms classes & lots to offer.
  6. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

i dont know, id say........a different state
  7. coyote man

coyote man G&G Newbie

do you plan to hunt or do you just want a place to go let of a few rounds. i live in otis mass and i can go shooting in my backyard when ever i want.
  8. akguy

akguy G&G Newbie

springfield sportsmans club monson mass the best in western mass 3 rifle ranges 100 200 600 yds skeet trap rent dogs @1000 acres to hunt and roam around on fishing pond 3d archery range w stands great place2 pistol ranges too