Gunbroker Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tha Dave, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

Ok I think I have found about the worst customer service line on the web yet. I registered on Gunbroker.com to place a bid on a rifle when I entered my billing address it said that it was an invalid address ( it is a FPO-AP address) and that my account would be reviewed, I missed the auction before my account was activated, but finally it was up and ready to go or so I thought. So I find another good deal and place it on my watch list and try to bid on it but it is still telling me that my CC info is wrong even though it has already charged me 4 TIMES once for each time that I tried to re-enter the correct billing address!! So I start looking all over the web site for a phone number to call and talk to a person to get this fixed, but there is no help line that I can find anywhere on the site, but after looking for a several days I find this phone number (720)223-0164 and sure enough it connects me to the Gunbroker.com help line the only option it gives is to enter my extension at any time……… I have no extension to enter so after entering a few 4 dig numbers it says that it is going to connect me to the operator and simply disconnects the call. My local gun shop back home will not buy weapons off there for customers and I can’t get this site to work. I am about to say to Hell with it delete my account and simply not go back.
    Does anyone know of a contact number or a extension to get this problem fixed?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Wow, I just searched the site to see if my luck were any different. All I could get to was an automated intranet email page. Never a phone number. I have not had a problem with Gumpoker but God help those who do if the question isn't listed in FAQ's!

Did you send them an Email?
  3. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

Every one I sent got sent back
  4. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

That is comforting....I have bought a few things off gunbroker. Maybe I should rethink this.

Have you tried Auctionarms.com? Good site.
  5. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

no I haven't I'm not big on buying stuff online, it just seemed too risky. I have always preferred face to face buys. I'll look at that site, but I have to admit that I am really turned off by this experience
  6. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

never had a problem with GB. FPO-AP adress may cause the problem their computer may not recognize that as a valid in country address.

but it really does suck not having a live person to deal with.

i would suggest deleting the account and try elsewhere.
  7. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

Even if the FPO-AP address was under their state listings? Sometimes I really do hate computers.
  8. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

And finally, keep us updated. I am very interested to see how this turns out.
  9. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

OK after talk to two people at the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO) I was told they have nothing to go with Gunbroker.com and that they are a Gun rights group. When I asked about Mr. Brown I was simply told that he was the group (RMGO) director and that he didn’t have anything to do with the gunbroker.com website. That website is owned by the Colorado gun market and that the mailing address is:
    GunBroker.com, LLC
    PO Box 2511
    Kennesaw, GA 30156

And that they do not accept PO BOX, PMBs or personal Suite addresses. So could it be that because I do have a FPO-AP address they are calling it a PO Box address
    The people at RMGO were very polite and helpful in helping me look for answer to this problem, but in the end we still came up empty handed
  10. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Enthusiast

Ok I googled the address above and was able to find some answers on a different forum that I am not a member of. The phone number I listed in the in the beginning is to a man named Jay Zwitter under the ext 3006. He asked what my User name was and phone number was and said that he would take a look at it and give me a call back. About 10 min later he called me back and said that the problem was fixed and that I was good to go. So I’ll try and see what happens.
  11. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Newbie

Good to hear it was resolved (hopefully). Sorry about the hastle with RMGO. I saw a couple posts in another forum that RMGO started GunBroker. Thought it might be worth a shot. But, I am happy to know that they have nothing to do with that seemingly poorly run website.
  12. GatorRanger

GatorRanger G&G Newbie

Okay, let it be stated for the record: Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO) and Dudley Brown have absolutely no affiliation with Gunbroker.com, nor have we in the past. It was not set up by Dudley Brown, RMGO, or any of the staff; it was not operated by Dudley Brown, RMGO, or any of the staff; it is not now nor was it ever in any way affiliated with RMGO as an organization or any of its staff.

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. No Compromise.
  13. blueice

blueice G&G Newbie

Over priced and under bid....

Bidding started at $500.oo for a XD.45, with an as is policy?
  14. Gary1947

Gary1947 G&G Newbie

More of the same

Moved recently, have been buyer on GB for 10 years or so, have had account flagged because they can't verify new address, phone number and email account. We are publicly listed for phone with home address, so have no real idea what their issue is. They want faxed copy of DL and utility bill. That is privacy act information, and the DL alone is almost enough for a good ID steal, so I am a bit reluctant. NO reply to 4 or 5 emails to "Customer Support", although they have gotten it posted that my request for registration support was resolved. Still no user account. I don't care how many sellers they have, if nothing is sold, who do they collect from?

Gary
  15. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Enthusiast

I hope everything was resolved for you and you are able to buy. I have bid on a few items and also used the buy now option to buy a few toys. I have had an overall good experience with GB. I try not to visit there to often as I start getting the shakes when I see something I want.
  16. Dr. Holiday

Dr. Holiday G&G Newbie

gunbroker.com Customer Service is a Joke, & a Bad 1 at that

Something seems to be going wrong at gunbroker.com
    I could not ask any sellers a question. When I would try, a page would pop up on my PC screen and it said, You can not send a message at this time. I emailed them and after 2 or 3 days they wrote me back and said, your messaging is working correctly now. You are ONLY allowed to ask a limited amount of questions for 1 day on gunbroker. I say to myself, OK Self, just log off and try it tomorrow. Well the next day I tried to ask a seller a question about a long gun I bought from him on gunbroker but, NO, NO, NO, NO! :nono: It wouldn't let me ask him a question at all. And I had not even been on gunbroker for a couple of days, so that line of X amount of questions could be asked is BS. The bad thing is, I sent my payment (money) to a seller and up to this very day I have NOT received my gun or my $$$ money $$$ yet. I think that they do not know what they are doing. It's beginning to bother me now, more and more as each day comes and then goes. :grumble:
    Doc
  17. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Enthusiast

I sell on occasion on GB and have my credit card registered to my address - which is a PO Box! Never had a problem.

Bought on it and used my PO as my shipping address too - no issues. They never had my house address either!
  18. Tigercat200

Tigercat200 G&G Enthusiast

I've bought and sold a few times over the last few years with no problem. I go through my local gun shop now. For 10% he takes the pictures, lists the gun, handles all inquiries, does the transfer, and ships the gun insured. I either let my money sit there for a trade transaction or take it home where it's too easy to spend on somethng else. I think it's a good deal.
  19. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Enthusiast

I have had good results with Auctionarms.com. Made it really easy to make the deal. As soon as I have one problem with an online retailer or auction site, I am done with them completely. There are just too many variables that you have to work with when doing deals online that I don't want to leave to chance. A $20-30 item off of eBay that you get burned on is not that terrible of an issue, however, a $500-700 gun that is a major issue!
  20. freddyt

freddyt G&G Newbie

GB customer service

Worst ever. Their customer service is non existent. I made a complaint, they through me off. I've been long time good customer. They dont care, they are arrogant and dont care about customers, check their BBB ratin , they dont answer them either. They dont deserve to be in business!