H&R pardner pump.

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by PSLMAN, Mar 15, 2011.

1. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Enthusiast

Well I finally pulled the trigger on an H&R Pardner pump compact in 20 gauge a couple weeks ago. So far I've run a box of Winchester universal 7 1/2 shells through it and it functioned just fine. I worked the action fast and slow and never had so much as a hiccup out of her. I shot from varying distances and got good patterns from the modified choke. Overall I'm impressed with it's reliability so far and I'm anxious to try some buck shot through it. I'm glad I took a chance on this gun as I don't think you could beat it for the price of $159 NIB.
  2. jwernecke

jwernecke G&G Newbie

I saw one today at Walmart and thought that it looked pretty good. I had an old Pardner single action youth pump in my younger days, the pump might be my sons first.....after a few trips with the single shot.... im pretty sure that is what made me the good shot that I am today..
  3. hemingway89

hemingway89 G&G Enthusiast

so how would you compare it to the 870? i find them to be all around better then any other i have came across. glad to see you finally got one
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  4. Idaho Dave

Idaho Dave G&G Regular

I bought my son one of these several years ago in 12 gauge he has shot at least a 1000 rounds through it it has been fine never a problem. I have many types and brands of shotguns including an 870 which it is compared to so often. for a pump this gun does just fine and in my own opinion it is made of better quality material then some of the other low end pump guns we have seen
  5. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

PSLMAN: Sir, pictures:) with more range reports:)
  6. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Enthusiast

Initially it's a tad heavier but still balances okay. The action isn't as smooth as the 870 and probably never will be but it's much smoother than the Norinco 1897 copies I've shot. Fit and finish are good especially for the price.
  7. hemingway89

i find mine to have the smoothest action i have shot , maybe its becuase she a lol worn in
  8. Lightweight

Lightweight G&G Enthusiast

I doubt I could find one for an amazing price like that, but I would love to snag one of those in the near future. A friend has an older Remington in the exact same format, and it fits me like a glove. Grab some of that 2 3/4" #3 buckshot, that should turn that into a castle defender that is easy on your shoulder!
  9. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Enthusiast

+1 on the buckshot, you're reading my mind! BTW I got this at Wal-Mart so you can get the same deal I did.
  10. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Enthusiast

Here ya go Neo and I apologize for the delay but things are kinda hectic around here lately. I don't know when I'll get to shoot it again but when I do I want to try something heavier than bird shot.

Attached Files:

11. hemingway89

mine loves the K.O. slugs but it also has a 28in bird barrel my uncle had picked one up not to long ago in 20 ga also
  12. PONTIACDM

PONTIACDM G&G Newbie

I have the 12 gauge version and love it. I'm glad your loving yours also. Best bang for your buck.