Has anyone tried XGrip for the Walther PPK?

Discussion in 'Walther' started by TheJoker, May 15, 2013.

1. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

"...upon the east bank of Big Blue River, a mile o
    Has anyone tried the XGrip extension on a Walther PPK? My only regret from switching from a .32 PP to a .380 PPK was losing two shots.

From what I understand, the XGrip allows a 7 shot PP or PPK/S magazine with a PPK.

I am thinking of buying a 7 shot mag and giving this product a try.
  2. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

"...upon the east bank of Big Blue River, a mile o
    Well, I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

After I carried an 8 + 1 capacity PP in 7.65 for most of my adult life, in 2006, I bought an Interarms made PPK in 9mm kurz. Although, the .380 is a better stopper than the .32; I never liked the idea of losing two rounds.

[​IMG]

I did some accessorizing last week. Not being a fan of 'combat tupperware', I decided that it had too much plastic. I found a really pretty set of grips made of English Walnut. I think they look really nice.

[​IMG]

I also bought an X-Grip magazine extension. It allows you to replace the 6 round PPK magazine for a 7 round PP/PPKS magazine. I like the idea of 7 +1 capacity.

[​IMG]

So far I like the new setup. The handle is a bit wider; but, fits my small hand a bunch better the original. The X-Grip works well and also gives a little more 'pinky room'. The only draw back to the X-Grip, which stays tightly in place when latched into the magazine well, is that since it is soft plastic, it tends to come loose if you are handling the magazine outside of the gun. I think sticking with the original 6 round magazines for back up is a better idea.

Maybe I can find someone to whittle me an G-Grip out of English Walnut. Then I'd be plastic free!
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013